'16 TN DB Mareio McGraw

I coached in leagues above these guys when they were younger. Both kids was very athletic. Rico was bigger and stronger, where Mareio could run like the wind. I know that their mom is still in Pulaski, not sure about the school situations thou.

just my thoughts... Ensworth is about $25k a year and gives out athletic scholarships. Maybe Rico got one?? Nashville Christian is a heck of a lot cheaper and as far as I know they do not.

Reactions: 1 person
just my thoughts... Ensworth is about $25k a year and gives out athletic scholarships. Maybe Rico got one?? Nashville Christian is a heck of a lot cheaper and as far as I know they do not.
Thanks I knew about Ensworth, I know nothing about Nashville Christian. Likely scenario too IMO

NCS plays in D1 so they aren't allowed scholarships. Don't know the family situation.

Athletic scholarships in high school? You must be mistaken.

I'm not sure how good he is (although obviously the staff wouldn't have offered it he didn't have potential) bc I haven't got to see him play yet. But hopefully this will help with Rico, I really hope we can flip him from Georgia, the guy is going to be a beast in the secondary.

There's a difference between financial aid and athletic scholarships. They're not getting a full ride. High schools cannot give "athletic scholarships" no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

Ensworth picked kids up all the time on their bus. I don't think they have to pay a dime.

There's a difference between financial aid and athletic scholarships. They're not getting a full ride. High schools cannot give "athletic scholarships" no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

It's a "need" based scholarship. Just seems that athletes have more "need" than non-athletes :)

And you "think" this based on what? That's what I thought - you are just talking out your a@#. :crazy:

This is a great example of an informative post. I have friends who played AT Ensworth. They went to school for free - while being picked up in a bus/van that took them to school every single morning. That's what it's based on, a fact, unlike uneducated guesses that you spew on this board. How hard is that to understand? Make sure to read my post an extra time or two before you respond, because you're comprehension level is below average.

Also, why don't you go back to VandyMania where you belong? Your trolling is weak, man.

This is a great example of an informative post. I have friends who played AT Ensworth. They went to school for free - while being picked up in a bus/van that took them to school every single morning. That's what it's based on, a fact, unlike uneducated guesses that you spew on this board. How hard is that to understand? Make sure to read my post an extra time or two before you respond, because you're comprehension level is below average.

Also, why don't you go back to VandyMania where you belong? Your trolling is weak, man.

I have kids that ATTEND Ensworth. Between them, they play a total of six different sports. I know just a little more about what goes on there than do you. Your facts are weak, man.

Keep spewing the crap and pretending that you know what you are talking about - calling me a Vandy fan surely adds to your credibility. :clapping:

I have kids that ATTEND Ensworth. Between them, they play a total of six different sports. I know just a little more about what goes on there than do you. Your facts are week, man.

Keep spewing the crap and pretending that you know what you are talking about - calling me a Vandy fan surely adds to your credibility. :clapping:

Unfortunately for you, I know a lot more about that school than you do, and that's pretty sad considering you claim you have kids that attend the school.

Facts: Ensworth uses a bus to pick up student athletes that live in the Smyrna/Murfreesboro area, and pay for their tuition.

Also, I'm not calling you a Vanderbilt fan to increase my credibility, I'm calling you a Vanderbilt fan because you are one.

Unfortunately for you, I know a lot more about that school than you do, and that's pretty sad considering you claim you have kids that attend the school.

Facts: Ensworth uses a bus to pick up student athletes that live in the Smyrna/Murfreesboro area, and pay for their tuition.

Also, I'm not calling you a Vanderbilt fan to increase my credibility, I'm calling you a Vanderbilt fan because you are one.

Ensworth does have a bus. That bus does pick up students (the majority of whom are non-athletes) from Smyrna. Other than that, I guess we will just agree to disagree about the meaning of the word "facts". Just about every D2 school in the Nashville area has limited bus service similar to Ensworth. btw; the bus costs extra.

Were I a Vandy fan, I would be shouting it from the rooftops since they have owned us in everything other than women's hoops this year. It is a sad reflection on the state of the Vol athletic program when some like you "accuse" me of not being a true fan of the Big Orange just because you don't like what I have to say. I could care less what you say or think, but it is sad that some here are so frustrated that we lash out like middle school kids. I will cheer for who I want to. GBO

Ensworth does have a bus. That bus does pick up students (the majority of whom are non-athletes) from Smyrna. Other than that, I guess we will just agree to disagree about the meaning of the word "facts". Just about every D2 school in the Nashville area has limited bus service similar to Ensworth. btw; the bus costs extra.

Were I a Vandy fan, I would be shouting it from the rooftops since they have owned us in everything other than women's hoops this year. It is a sad reflection on the state of the Vol athletic program when some like you "accuse" me of not being a true fan of the Big Orange just because you don't like what I have to say. I could care less what you say or think, but it is sad that some here are so frustrated that we lash out like middle school kids. I will cheer for who I want to. GBO

But for realz, Ensworth is a prep school in sports so they definitely do give out athletic scholarships so for someone who claims to know a lot, you kinda don't....

Last edited:
:popcorn:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Glad we got all that figured out guys. The real question is "Which of you got the most on your shoes"

Bottom line...these academies get the talent there and have decent coaching, so why wouldn't we set up at tent close to all of them when they have talent we want

VN Store

Back