Ht: 6-1.5 | Wt: 203

Arthur McGinnis
Arthur McGinnis - Yahoo! Sports
Scout.com: Arthur McGinnis Profile
Arthur McGinnis - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN
Arthur McGinnis III - Hudl

UT offered

Got a... "Don't be takin my picture" look to him

Between him and Emmitt Gooden, some kids coming on visits are gonna be REALLY confused.

LSU will be a battle here.

It we are able to win one high quality player per state in AL, MS, and LA a year we will be at the top of the recruiting and performance game. Tough pulls when the in-states are doing well in AL and LA, a long with the MS ca$h.

It we are able to win one high quality player per state in AL, MS, and LA a year we will be at the top of the recruiting and performance game. Tough pulls when the in-states are doing well in AL and LA, a long with the MS ca$h.

Easier to win in Florida than those two. IMO But Les is starting to let them go out of state more in LA. :)

Rivals250 outside linebacker Arthur McGinnis has attracted plenty of attention on his own. Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCLA, and Texas Tech have each offered, but like Johnson, he is taking his time. He plans to attend the Texas A&M junior day on Sunday, and the Aggies have been high on McGinnis's list in the past. He also mentioned he would like to visit Mississippi State, Tennessee and Texas in the future.

-Rivals

Per Hubbs

The Vols continue to hunt for linebacker prospects and a name to remember is four-star Louisiana hybrid player Arthur McGinnis. McGinnis and Gillespie have started building a relationship and McGinnnis told Volquest earlier this week that he hopes to make an official visit to Knoxville. McGinnis' can play several positions but his speciality is getting to the quaterback.

Reactions: 1 person
I've always liked this kid but didn't think we could pull him from LSU. But if we get him for an OV anything is possible.

Plus dreads so we approve right? Lol

"I started talking to them a while ago," McGinnis said. "They came to one of my games last year and they said they want to come to one of my games this year and they just basically want to get me out there on a visit to go see the school. "I've never been to the school so I'm still doing my research on Tennessee."

"I know based on Tyron, one of my teammates, he's told me how awesome it is up there and how the campus is great and everything," McGinnis explained. "I know they're a good program. I'm still trying to figure out what I need to know because I'm starting to narrow it down and I'm dissecting every school."

"I plan on making an official and I want to go up there," McGinnis said of Tennessee. "I want to go up there because Tyron went up there and told me how cool it was up there and all the coaches have told me how cool it is up there. I really want to go up there and see it."

"They believe I'd be a great fit in their system. I run like a safety and I hit like a linebacker," McGinnis said. "They could use me as a strongside linebacker and I could cover if I wanted to or get after the quarterback, too. So, kind of like a hybrid."

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Per Hubbs

Gillespie was in the New Orleans area mostly checking on younger players, but while we haven't confirmed it yet, he may have met with linebacker Arthur McGinnis as Tennessee is still in play for an official visit there.

Reactions: 1 person
Would this kid play a Eric Striker (OU) role for us? Similar build, esp after strength and conditioning.

Would this kid play a Eric Striker (OU) role for us? Similar build, esp after strength and conditioning.

Interesting comparison, although I think we already have someone on campus in Eliott Berry who could fit in that type of role.

Detailed evaluation of McGinnis; the evaluator is pretty negative about his prospects as a LB:

Unfortunately, he has one crippling problem where he struggles mightily. He is extremely slow to react to plays. He doesn’t read his keys and gets beat because of it. Linebackers need to be able to play with their eyes and see where the play is going based on the offensive lineman and how they are blocking. It seemed like McGinnis could not grasp this and, because of that, he was often passive and let himself get blocked before chasing down a running back for the tackle after he had already made a first down. This happened repeatedly.

It’s shocking because when he was asked to blitz and go forward on the play, he was a fast and powerful football player. On plays that required him to read or flow to make a play, he was just an athlete running around trying to catch a running back from behind.

Scouting Report: Arthur McGinnis - 2015 Edge Player - Son of a coachSon of a coach

VN Store

Back