'17 OH OL Josh Myers

My sons in the 8th grade, I wonder if I should go ahead and submit a highlight tape of him before he looses his spot in the '18 class. Lol

This staff means business. I love the way they are gettin in on these future kids early.

My sons in the 8th grade, I wonder if I should go ahead and submit a highlight tape of him before he looses his spot in the '18 class. Lol

This staff means business. I love the way they are gettin in on these future kids early.

The '18 class is pretty much full. Maybe he can gray or blue shirt but there are only a few spots left in the '19 class so he better jump on it quick!

Know the area very well from my younger days. They know how to play football in those parts. Butch knows this from his days at Cincy.

Better get him an offer...so he can get started wavering...Indiana and Illinois...make me nervous? :unsure:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He will be visiting ut this summer for a camp. The thing impressive about him is not just his size but how good of athlete he is. His older brother is currently a o-lineman for kentucky and his dad played football for UK also.

Reactions: 1 person
He will be visiting ut this summer for a camp. The thing impressive about him is not just his size but how good of athlete he is. His older brother is currently a o-lineman for kentucky and his dad played football for UK also.

Time for junior to step up a notch or two above Dad and brother. Maybe camp will enlighten him to the Volunteer way. The family understands the SEC and probably will not have their nose up Urban's arse.

Also should help that Dylan is from Colerain and they both play the O-line.

Reactions: 1 person
@MarcGivlerBG: Class of 2017 Miamisburg (OH) OL Josh Myers has picked up offers from #Cincinnati and #Tennessee #UC #Bearcats #Vols @Volquest_Paul

I loved it,” said Myers. “It was really nice as the facilities are as nice as they come. But I really liked how they (coaches) explained they are not there just to make us better the four or five years we would be there, but the next forty years of our life after Tennessee as they want to make us better people by giving us life lessons and turn us into men.”

“Just the way their coaches presented their program was impressive,” explained Myers. “I really feel they’ll be one of the top programs in the next year or two. They talked about their academics and how they are going to help us succeed in school. I was also impressed by their nutrition room as it is insane as to what they do as they have these heart rate monitors that show how many calories their athletes burn so they can make shakes to help them recover.”

“I was really wowed when I walked out in Neyland Stadium,” he said.

“During the basketball game they pulled me and my parents out into a hallway of the arena,” said Myers. “They then grabbed Coach Jones and he offered me in the hallway. It was all really exciting.”

-scout

Reactions: 5 people
Also in the 2017 group, offensive line Josh Myers said that Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Tennessee and Notre Dame all stand out and that he really enjoyed visiting Tennessee earlier this year. He said he will definitely be back in the future.
-Paul Fortenberry, VolQuest.

Reactions: 5 people
The 6-foot-5, 280-pound tackle has already visited Tennessee twice, once last spring and once for the Vols' win over Kentucky this past season and came away liking what he saw in Neyland Stadium this past November.

"It was a lot of fun. The atmosphere was quite a treat," Myers said. "I was surprised by that. It was definitely pretty insane so it was a lot of fun."

With two visits to Rocky Top under his belt Myers has started to build a relationship with Tennessee offensive line coach Don Mahoney and the Miamisburg, Ohio, lineman said it's off to a good start. "It's a great relationship up to this point, definitely," Myers said. "He's a very good coach and from how he's treated me he's a really good guy so it's a great relationship."

"I would say just the fact that I think they are going to be a great program and they are on the rise. I know they are so young and I thought it would be a good school to look at," Myers said. "I can just tell they are a program on the rise by how they act and how they carry themselves because I've heard coach Jones talk to the team and you can get that feeling that they want to win."

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Heard he absolutely dominated at the underamour combine. I've been told he didn't loose a rep.

Cats may actually have a chance on this one. Dad played at Kentucky and brother currently there now.

VN Store

Back