'15 FL OL Abdul Bello

He’s only played organized football for one season and just arrived in the states from Africa in August, but Abdul Bello has already received his first scholarship offer to play football and it came at the hands of the University of Florida. The 6-foot-6, 300 pound Bello is about to explode in terms of offers.

-scout

From Nigeria

Butch philosophy - Why recruit just in-state when you can recruit around the world. Jakob from Germany, Abdul from Nigeria!!! yayyyyyyyyy

He "likes" UF, FSU, Canes, and UT... He doesn't know much about UT or Miami. FSU and UF are standing out right now per 247.

He's only been playing football for 6 months. Absolute mauler that will continue to climb in the rankings. Think Florida has the early lead for him.

“He is a very aggressive person and strong individual,” Banks said. “He moves a lot better than guys like Jonotthan Harrison and Ryan Carter that played at Florida. He is impressive for a guy that is 6-foot-6 and 300 pounds and moves the way he moves and he has strength. He is a very strong kid. The best thing he has right now is his movement. He has a first quick step and lateral movement and doesn’t ever stop. He has a motor in him.”
Scout.com: 2015 Spotlight: Monster with a motor

Banks said, despite his natural talent and the attention he is beginning to attract, Bello is like many of his teammates. He said Bello is a standout in the classroom and respects his teachers, coaches and teammates. "He's an overall good person," Banks said.

Still, despite his intelligence and natural ability on the football field, Banks said he is often reminded that Bello still has a great deal to learn about the game.

"I was talking about blocking once and mentioned the importance of not giving a quarterback sack," Banks said. "Later on — a few days later — (Bello) came up to make and asked, 'Coach, what's a sack?' After I told him, he said, 'oh that's a bad thing.'

MVA's Bello earning national attention - Daily Commercial: Sports

Reactions: 2 people
Heard his name mentioned a lot recently. Consensus is that this kid is gonna get a TON of attention his senior year.

"Offensive lineman Abdul Bello, who has only been playing football since last September after moving from Nigeria, has a ton of potential. Great frame at 6-6, 300-plus pounds. He was impressive."

-Fortenberry

Volunteer offensive line coach Don Mahoney let the 6-foot-6, 300-pound offensive tackle know right away that he would be a wanted man by the Tennessee offensive staff and since then Bello and Mahoney have formed a budding relationship.

"They got my picture and they just said that, 'This dude is big,' and then they wanted to see me so the offensive line coach came to see me and he was very, very, very impressed and then he came again and told me he was impressed with the things I do," Bello explained. "I'm building a really good relationship with him." "He's a really, really nice guy. He's so cool and he's impressed me and encouraged me. He's very, very nice and a good person," Bello said.

Bello's story isn't like most recruits' stories as he just moved from his native Nigeria last September and played in only six games for Montverde last season. But, his six games were enough to impress schools like Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Missouri, Georgia and others to offer.

"I didn't grow up watching football. I only saw football in the movies," Bello said. "Everything is kind of new for me. I'm coming here to the camp to learn and compete among the good guys to make sure this is a good season because everything I do I do it for my team."

-VQ

Bump for Bello. I really like this guy for some reason. I hope he ends up in Rocky Top.

The consensus is he won't leave the state. UM and UF fighting it out according to 247.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back