'15 IN LB Darrin Kirkland Jr (UT Commit 12/15/14)

PassedOutAwake

R.I.P RichRollin
i

Inside linebacker
Indianapolis, Indiana
Lawrence Central
Ht:6'2"
Wt:220 lbs

Darrin Kirkland Jr. - Yahoo! Sports
Football Recruiting - Darrin Kirkland Jr. - Player Profiles - ESPN
Darrin Kirkland Jr.
Darrin Kirkland Jr. - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

UT offered.

Reactions: 14 people
We don't have good history with Indiana recruits...depending on your interpretation of James Banks' career :sad:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
Nap.... Got us another Indy boy to pull for.

Kirkland said he has two major requirements in his college search. First, the education opportunity must fit his ultimate goal to become a lawyer and sports agent. “I’ve always wanted to do something in a sports-related field,” Kirkland said. “So to be a sports agent would be really interesting.”

The other requirement is to make sure the college is close enough for his parents to see him play.

Lawrence Central linebacker is top recruit

Nap.... Got us another Indy boy to pull for.

Hell yes!! Ill be all over this one lol. Kid has good size and looks like a good LB prospect. He has an offer and is visiting this weekend, Im liking this. If it gets serious, Ill have to go check out a game.

When I clicked on his Rivals' page, he had our boy Cecil keeping an eye on him as a similar LB prospect.
#1 player in Indiana, #5 Inside LB prospect, 169 overall and a 4 star.
Id love for this kid to be a Vol. LBs are always fun to get and he seems to be a good one, or has a lot of potential.
PennSt, VT,Ole Miss, MissSt and Vols are his top offers, of course IU and Illini have offered. OSU and Michigan interested, no offers yet, nor Notre Lame.

The Top247 junior linebacker from Lawrence Central High School in Indianapolis, who already has received 16 scholarship offers to date, said his first visit to Tennessee “went really well,” and he’s now interested in returning to Knoxville again in the coming months.

“Everything went really well. I got to meet the staff on a more personal level, so it was good,” said Kirkland, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 176 overall player and No. 4 inside linebacker for the 2015 class in the 247Sports Composite, which equally weighs prospect rankings and ratings from major recruiting media outlets.

“This was actually my first time in Tennessee, period, so it was really good. Great first impression.”

The 6-foot-2, 228-pound Kirkland said he had heard good things about Tennessee before Saturday’s visit, and it easily lived up to the hype.

“What made me want to visit Tennessee was just how they came into my school earlier in the year and they were telling me how great of a place it is, and their signing class and just everything. I just had to come see it for myself,” he said.

“Six months ago, I had no idea about Tennessee. I was kind of focusing on my first offer, and then it kind of picked up really fast. As soon as summer hit — like, in June — I got a couple out of there from the camp season, and they came in with a relationship with my defensive coordinator at my school.

“I like the relationship that has been built so far, and I’m looking forward to the future.”

Kirkland said he talked with Tennessee coach Butch Jones and a few of the Vols’ assistant coaches, including defensive coordinator John Jancek, linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen and defensive line coach Steve Stripling.

“I’d say my favorite part was just the personal level that I got to have with each of the coaches — Coach Jancek, Coach Strip’, Coach Thig‘ — and I got to talk with Coach Jones, me and my parents. He was talking about family,” said Kirkland, who picked up offers from Penn State and Ole Miss earlier this week.

“And being able to go into the stadium, as well, that was quite a breathtaking experience. That’s a really large stadium they’ve got here.”

-GoVols247

Also, said he would be naming favorites once he finished school in June.

Reactions: 5 people
This kid is a take all day long. We need players like this guy.

I also noticed his competition level looks very good. Looks like some of the HS teams i have seen in Georgia

"They came into my school earlier in the year and they told me how great of a school that it is. Their signing class and everything, I just had to come see it for myself." And the 6-2, 228 pound linebacker admits after seeing the Vols on Saturday as apart of junior day that, Tennessee lived up to the hype. "Yes, it did," Kirkland said.

"I would say my favorite part is just the personal level that I got to have with each assistant coaches. Coach (John) Jancek and coach Stip (Steve Stripling). I got to talk to Coach Thig (Tommy Thigpen) and coach (Butch) Jones. He was talking about family. Being able to go into the stadium as well, that was quite a breathtaking experience. It's a really large stadium they have here."

"I haven't been to too many places yet. I went to IU (Indiana) a couple of weeks back for a basketball game," Kirkland offered. "I'm kind of taking it slow with my visits just so I can focus on my schooling.

"I definitely want to come back," Kirkland said. "Hopefully for the spring game. I don't know if it will work out, but I'm definitely going to try. "Six months ago, I had no idea about Tennessee. I was kind of focusing on my first offer. Things picked up pretty fast back in the summer. Tennessee came in with their relationship with my defensive coordinator. I like the relationship we have built so far and I'm looking forward to the future."

-VQ

good straight line speed, good change of direction, gets off of blocks well and he has good coverage skills. he takes good angles to the ball carrier and he's a good tackler.

this guy is definitely a solid prospect at mlb. (solid) this guy has a complete game. he would be a great get, if we were to land him.

VN Store

Back