not in Arizona anymore
14_971621.jpg

Tight End
Avon, CT (Avon Old Farms)
Ht: 6-6 | Wt: 245
CLASS OF 2015

Chris Clark
Chris Clark - Hudl

Vols haven't offered but Elder visited. Has offers from Georgia, Ohio State, Miami and others.

I wouldn't think ct football competition is that tough. Like the offer list though.

The last big-name TE prospect from Connecticut that signed with an SEC program absolutely killed the competition.

Reactions: 18 people
Scout.com: Chris Clark Profile

Avon (Conn.) Old Farms is a busy place these days as college coaches from across the country are coming through to check in on class of 2015 tight end Chris Clark.

However, the more telling sign of where Clark’s recruitment could be heading lies in the four schools he wants to see the most in the coming months.

“I have four that are a priority to check out: Ohio State, Georgia, Arizona State and the University of Virginia,” the 6-foot-6, 247-pound Clark said. “Those are four schools I’m definitely going to check out, and Tennessee is coming up to my school Friday, so I’ll get a chance to meet the tight ends coach.”
Scout

I played for the rival boarding school 10mins away. Avon Old Farms is a factory of athletes. Mostly hockey and Lacrosse, but they put out athletes regardless. I will say they waxed us but the competition compared to traditional SEC recruiting territory is very weak.

I played for the rival boarding school 10mins away. Avon Old Farms is a factory of athletes. Mostly hockey and Lacrosse, but they put out atthletes regardless. I will say they waxed us but the competition compared to traditional SEC recruiting territory is very weak.

Where'd you play, Taft? Of course hockey is king here

Last edited:
"I know it's a great program with a great history. I know the last couple of years they haven't had the best seasons, but historically Tennessee has been an amazing team in the SEC. I'm excited about the offer," Clark said.

"The offense I play at Avon I move around a lot in terms of being out in the slot, split out wide and then in a three-point stance," Clark explained. "Then, I can do a lot of things catching the ball and coaches are just excited about my size and the mismatch I bring with linebackers and safeties and I can stretch the field and get open. "

On Elder...
"He really talked about that and said that's how they use their tight ends," Clark said. "He was basically telling me that they want to be a tight end oriented team and they would play three tight ends at once if that's what it takes and they need more talent at the position.

"He told me they signed a couple in 2014 and need one in 2015 and they're trying to get the position back to where it's a mismatch on the field with the tight end."

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
"I know Tennessee is a great program and they are on the rise," he said. "I really don't know much about that school other then they are in the SEC. I talked to coach Elder and he seems like a good guy.

"Tennessee is showing a lot of interest. Arizona State, Georgia and Ohio State are also pretty interested," said Clark. "Those are the ones sticking out.

"I'm setting up a bunch of visits for my spring break in March," he said. "I want to check out Tennessee, Texas Tech and Arizona State but they aren't set in stone yet. I'm going to try to check out Miami, Iowa and maybe Nebraska."

-Rivals

Look for Tennessee to take one tight end and there seems to be a lot of mutual interest recently with Connecticut tight end Chris Clark. Clark's stock continues to rise as his offers continue to roll in but he's expected to visit Tennessee this spring.

-VQ

247 Sports
Clark recently picked up an offer from Tennessee during a visit from Vols tight ends coach Mark Elder, and there appears to be plenty of mutual interest between UT and Clark. He has said over the past two weeks that he’s hoping to visit the Vols in the spring. Clark recently visited Georgia and currently has the Bulldogs at the top of his list, but he’s also high on Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Tennessee, among others.

CHRIS CLARK TE, 6-6/245, AVON, CONN.

REASON FOR THE RANKING: Look for Clark's ranking to take a jump in the next evaluation period because at 6-6, 245-pounds Clark shows unique athleticism that makes him one of the most wanted tight ends in the country. At 245 pounds he already has the size and frame to be a block tight end but he shows a great ability to catch the ball and make a play with it once it's in his hands.

THE SKINNY: Clark has seen his stock rise drastically during the January open period as he picked up numerous offers including Tennessee. The Vols made an early impression led by visits from Mark Elder and Mike Bajakian and Clark now hopes to visit in the spring for a practice. But, Tennessee will be battling a number of schools for Clark including Georgia, Michigan and others.

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
They wrote practically the same thing as the VQ guys, yet 247 is "making up news"?

No they didn't. Where in the world are they coming up with Georgia as his leader from? No quotes, nothing, just assuming because he visited there? That is why I asked who is doing these updates for them.

No they didn't. Where in the world are they coming up with Georgia as his leader from? No quotes, nothing, just assuming because he visited there? That is why I asked who is doing these updates for them.
Well, to be fair, here are some quotes from the 247 site:

"There's a couple, a lot of the SEC schools I really like - Georgia, Tennessee and Arkansas," he said. "Georgia was awesome. Coach Richt is awesome and coach [John] Lilly is the man. When I was checking it out I felt really comfortable with everything. It set the bar, so we'll see." -4 days ago

"I mean, I love Georgia. I really do. I’m going down there for a visit next week."- 14 days ago

VN Store

Back