15' TN OL Alex Givens

He's a friend of a friend and I have talked to him a couple times about his recruitment. Really was sold on James Franklin and his offer extends to PSU as well. He also really likes CBJ and staff and I think if we do extend an offer we would be #1 in his mind, however with the guys we are in on, I'm just not sure he'll ever see that offer.

It was a great time to be a Vol fan,when our Big Uglies were well represented with home cooking...like the new focus in this area :yes:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

His family has ties to Vandy. Someone in his family, can't remember who exactly, owns or works at Commodore Grill over near Vandy. I worked with his older brother a few years ago, and he is a huge Vandy fan and despises UT. Don't know if it will be a big factor, but worth mentioning IMO.

Last edited:
His family has ties to Vandy. Someone in his family, can't remember who exactly, owns or works at Commodore Grill over near Vandy. I worked with his older brother a few years ago, and he is a huge Vandy fan and despises UT. Don't know if it will be a big factor, but worth mentioning IMO.

Yeah...buzzkill :sad:

Haha in his Hudl video almost every single snap he was making sure the man he was blocking ended up on the ground. It didn't matter if he was on the same side of the field or not he would still make that kid eat dirt. The kid looked nasty. That's the type of mentality an O-Line should have.:good!:

I think his situation is that he would have to do the camp circuit and be very impressive to get offers. His competition on film is very weak.

Loves Vandy? Despises UT? Character issues.... pass

Loves Vandy? Despises UT? Character issues.... pass
Talked with a NCS dad this morning. Family owned Vandyland restaurant which is now closed, but weren't Vandy fans. The kid does not despise UT, thinks he'd go to UT if offered. Zero character issues. This kid mauls opposing players. Hope we offer.

Reactions: 5 people
Talked with a NCS dad this morning. Family owned Vandyland restaurant which is now closed, but weren't Vandy fans. The kid does not despise UT, thinks he'd go to UT if offered. Zero character issues. This kid mauls opposing players. Hope we offer.

appears kid has matured and found his way, not a Vandy fan, character issue analysis debunked, is a mauler... Ok, we'll take him 😊

appears kid has matured and found his way, not a Vandy fan, character issue analysis debunked, is a mauler... Ok, we'll take him 😊

It's amazing how a kid's entire personality and history can change in an hour.

appears kid has matured and found his way, not a Vandy fan, character issue analysis debunked, is a mauler... Ok, we'll take him ��

Had my fingers crossed KB...figured you had already crossed him off :eek:k:

Tennessee is in good shape early on with Drew Richmond (No. 1), Kyle Phillips (No. 3), Josh Smith (No. 6) and, obviously, Jack Jones (No. 9), who already has committed to the Vols.

I would expect UT to be at least a contender for Jauan Jennings (No. 4), Joshua McMillon (No. 5) and Van Jefferson (No. 8), and I wouldn't be surprised if the Vols remained in the picture with Rico McGraw (No. 2) despite his recent commitment to Georgia.

So far, Tennessee hasn't offered Vanderbilt commitment Donovan Sheffield (No. 7) — and I wouldn't expect the Vols to be much of a contender for him — or Alex Givens, although UT still is keeping an eye on him.

Also, it's definitely worth noting that these rankings will change plenty over the next year, so these aren't necessarily the only 10 in-state guys people should focus on in the 2015 class.

We'll take a closer look at the in-state 2015 class with some content right after signing day.

-Ryan Callahan, 247

Reactions: 1 person
Like I said earlier, Alex doesn't hate UT (this coming straight from his mouth), and to the contrary really likes Butch and staff and everything UT has to offer.

Reactions: 1 person

I meant his older brother loves Vandy and hates UT, not Alex. Thanks for clarifying about the restaurant.

OL coach Don Mahoney just tweeted this

@UTCoachMahoney: Alex Givens

Is this a violation?

VN Store

Back