R.I.P RichRollin
i

Wide Receiver
Powder Springs, GA (McEachern)
Ht: 5-9 | Wt: 160

TJ Rahming

Football Recruiting - T.J. Rahming - Player Profiles - ESPN

Official Junior Season

Teammate of Chuma Edoga and Taj Griffin. Tweeted that we offered.

Had trouble finding Rivals and Scout page. will add to OP if they get posted

watched a few minutes of his highlight film. this kid is fast and has some moves. i like the offer

"McEachern (Ga.) 2015 WR T.J. Rahming says Tennessee gave him his first offer tonight. Slot guy with solid straight line speed." -Kipp Adams

T.J. Rahming (McEachern):
The crispest routes ran all weekend were from Rahming, who is a dynamic playmaker at the receiver position. Rahming can make guys miss in open space and loses defenders with his quick cuts and his elusive jukes. Rahming can be a go-to receiver at the next level and will be used best in quick screens where the speedy receiver can go make something happen.
-1/10/14, Elite Jr Recap

----
About three years ago, T.J. Rahming moved to Powder Springs, Ga. from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He still has that Florida swag, a 786 area code (South Florida), and that speed you think about when talking about South Florida athletes.

Rahming blazed through a 40 yard dash in the 4.4 second range at the University of Florida back in June and that put him on Scout's radar.

Scout, August 2013

Last edited:
"McEachern (Ga.) 2015 WR T.J. Rahming says Tennessee gave him his first offer tonight. Slot guy with solid straight line speed." -Kipp Adams

-1/10/14, Elite Jr Recap

----

Scout, August 2013

Call me crazy, but what is the advantage of putting speedy receivers in screens? Screens by design are slow-developing plays and don't take advantage of speed. Their main advantage should be to run a great (fast) route. Get a speed guy open 10-20 yards downfield and now we're talking.

Reactions: 1 person
Call me crazy, but what is the advantage of putting speedy receivers in screens? Screens by design are slow-developing plays and don't take advantage of speed. Their main advantage should be to run a great (fast) route. Get a speed guy open 10-20 yards downfield and now we're talking.
The setup of a screen is a process. Once the blocks are set, the faster the player the easier it is to get to the next level without giving the defense the reaction time to cut it off. A screen should be a fast play after it is set up. Dancing is bad on that play. Just gun it and take off when the blocks are set.

The point is that they have room to make a play after the catch. You give your nifty slot guys a chance because they are more likely to hit a home run. /arm chair coach

“I felt some relief that I got the first one out of the way, and I was just excited. I was really surprised, especially with my first one being an SEC offer,” said Rahming, who also has been in contact with coaches from Mississippi State, Vanderbilt and Kentucky and has visited several other SEC schools over the past year. “I told Coach Azzanni (on Wednesday) night, with them being the first to offer, I have, really, a lot of interest in it because they took the chance and believed in me. And it was my first one, so I really liked it.”“He said he loved how I could, like, catch a screen and make a play — basically, my playmaking ability. Even though I might not be big, I could get in space and make things happen,” said Rahming, who claims to have been timed at 4.42 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

“He told me about Tennessee being ‘(Wide) Receiver University’ and stuff like that. He said maybe when I get down there we could go over some stuff, like the offense and how they want to use me and stuff like that.” “(Last summer) was my first time there,” he said. "The campus was good because, actually, I had gotten lost, and I had to walk around and find my ride. I really liked it, and especially the facilities and the (indoor) field and stuff like that. I went to the stadium, too. I liked that.”

“I talked to my uncle about it,” Rahming said. “I was telling him about the offer, and he was telling me Tennessee, a great group of receivers have been down there and made it to the league from there. I just want to look into it.” “I want to wait to see how my offers will be looking,” Rahming said. “I don’t want to make a decision any time soon. But I know Tennessee is really up there right now, with them being my first.”
-247 Sports

Reactions: 3 people
"Tennessee is showing the most love and it means a lot to my family that they were the first to offer."

"First I want to get over to Tennessee again and spend time there and get to know the coaches more and visit the campus," Rhaming said.*

-scout

Last edited:

This.

I understand an occasional change-up screen to keep the D off balance, but speed kills. Guys like this should be running slants, crossing, streaks, etc. That's a scheme/play calling issue with Jake that I hope gets corrected next season.

Adidas GA Showcase ‏@AdidasShowcase1 48m
I respect Preston Williams everybody wanted a piece of him and he didnt back down.@TJ21_TSP TJ Rayming the real deal 4.3 speed for REAL!

WR screens are not slow developing plays. They are usually quick hitters that are designed to outflank defenders with numbers. Two Lineman and a down blocking WR vs a trio of cb/NB/safety is a definitive advantage.

Speedy WRs are awesome in the screen game. AWESOME.

Julio jones. Steve smith, baybay Thomas, Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins and marqise lee, etc. have eaten off of WR screens for years.

VN Store

Back