'15 NC ATH Stephen Griffin (UT commit 3/20/14)

Didn't realize he grew up in Knoxville. Solid early offer list as well. The big in-state schools have all offered, Clemson as well...

Last edited:
This one should be a pretty likely pull.

Idk what div South Meck is in but it's down around where North and Ferguson played, DJ Humphries too. Lotta good football and Bball players around Charlotte.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

A ton. Charlotte and nashville are booming with the panthers and titans being in tbose cities for around 20 years now.

From NCSU rivals on 1/22...

Griffin recalled going to Tennessee and Virginia games in the past, and obviously has strong ties to Clemson's program. Being the new student in various cities is something he has gotten used to.

"It just has helped me to fit in and relate to everybody," Griffin said. "I've been able make friends quick and build that trust out on the field.

"The first college I got to see for real was Tennessee. I went to preschool with Todd Kelly, who is a [senior] safety commit [at UT]. In Charlottesville, we always had season tickets to UVa games."

Griffin finished with 80 tackles and three interceptions, plus 11 pass break-ups this past fall. His football IQ helped South Meck out when he made the move to play quarterback during the early portion of the schedule. The Sabres finished 3-8 against a tough schedule.

Is he related to a coach? What are his ties to Clemson? Reading that insinuates he is in a football family.

Maybe not.

Was here for junior day...

"Also, Stephen Griffin made it in. This staff is pretty high on him."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
Bgi-LTgCAAAeNPM.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
does anyone know what position they are recruiting him to play? I am saying, he could play at fs or ss. and, he could put weight on and play wslb.

"It was great. I loved the facilities. It was cool seeing the weight room and being able to get some one-on-one time with the coaches," Griffin said. "Me and my family had a really good time down there, it was great."

"I lived in Tennessee when I was a kid and me and Todd Kelly went to preschool together, actually. I went to a couple of games when I was younger but I hadn't been up there recently," Griffin said. "I remember going to some games and going to preschool with Todd. I was old enough to remember some stuff. "We actually went to their house on Saturday night to see him and his family. It's crazy, his mom sent an old picture of us when we were in preschool and now we could possibly be playing together which is crazy to think."

"I got a chance to connect with some of the players like Emmanuel Moseley and he's from North Carolina," Griffin explained. "I learned more about inside the football program and how it's run and getting a chance to be with coach (Willie) Martinez showed me they have a lot of good things going on for the future."

"It's helped me out a lot. A lot of people think that just because my dad played at Clemson he would be pressuring me to go somewhere, he actually just wants me to go wherever the best fit is for me," Griffin said.

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
Article up on Clemson Rivals says they believe UT is now Griffin's leader after this weekends visit to Knoxville. It says Griffin was hoping to be "wooed and wowed" and the personal attention he received from CWM and CBJ worked. Boom.

Reactions: 4 people
2013: During his junior season, Griffin finished with 80 tackles, three interceptions, 11 pass breakups, two tackles for loss, two forced fumbles and a touchdown on defense. Offensively, he completed 45-of-82 passes for 565 yards and three touchdowns and carried the ball 83 times for 543 yards and three touchdowns. He was also an all-conference selection and named team MVP.

-Scout

Reactions: 1 person
Solid, not elite offer list, but it's till early.

He's got the frame to be a stud. Anyone have a real idea on his speed, any chance he puts on 25 pounds and plays OLB?

VN Store

Back