4_1118259.jpg

Defensive Tackle
Tucker, GA (Tucker)
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 270
CLASS OF 2015

Jonathan Ledbetter

Jonathan Ledbetter - Yahoo! Sports

Jonathan Ledbetter - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

At Under Armour Underclassmen Combine...

Ok, enough tight ends. Jack Jones had some good reps but was also tested today as he went up against some really good defensive linemen. I didn't get to see all of his reps but he looked good in the reps I saw. I know Jonathan Ledbetter and him had a good series where Ledbetter won the first two and then Jones won the last rep. Ledbetter told me that he bull rushed him on the first rep (not really accepted practice at camps), beat him on the second rep with a move and then Jones blocked his first and second move on the third rep.

Speaking of Ledbetter, this is the second time I've seen him in a week. 6-5, 265-pounds and growing and looked really good. He's a guy that's probably going to move to tackle as he keeps growing and I would be surprised at all if he picks up more offers in the coming weeks and that includes Tennessee as I think they've been keeping a close eye on him the last month.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
UNDER ARMOUR COMBINE DEFENSIVE TOP PERFORMERS

DE JONATHAN LEDBETTER, TUCKER (GA.)
Ledbetter was the top defender in a loaded field. The 6-foot-4, 254-pounder won a one-on-one battle with a heavy bull rush because of his strong lower body. At times he appeared to be stiff, but he showed a quick speed rush to beat another challenger off the edge. We look forward to following his recruitment this off-season.

-Rivals

"Tucker (Ga.) 2015 4-star DT Jonathan Ledbetter says Tennessee has offered. He just got off the phone with Willie Martinez."

-Kipp Adams

Willie doing work.

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty sure we are going to end up with a great great DT haul in 2015. We are in good positions for Trenton Thompson, Shy Tuttle, Tim Settles, McKenzie, Howard, Ledbetter and a couple others.

Pretty sure we are going to end up with a great great DT haul in 2015. We are in good positions for Trenton Thompson, Shy Tuttle, Tim Settles, McKenzie, Howard, Ledbetter and a couple others.

I want at least 3 of those. With 3 stud DEs. And we already have one of those.

Just a day after earning top defensive performer at the camp, the 6-foot-5, 275-pound defensive lineman was in touch with Tennessee assistant coach Willie Martinez who offered him a Tennessee scholarship. "I called him and he told me that they had been watching me for a little while and they started to keep up with me and they were watching my film so they wanted to go ahead and pulled the trigger on the offer," Ledbetter said.

That was his first conversation with the Tennessee staff, but he's seen coach Tommy Thigpen at his school before and he also has family in Knoxville. "Coach Thigpen is recruiting some players at my school," Ledbetter said. "I have family up in Tennessee, too, in Knoxville. My uncle and his wife and their kids."

"He told me they were building new dorms, some new facilities, a few new practice fields," Ledbetter said. "He said he wants me to come up there to see the campus and come up there and visit. "I want to get up there and see how everything is coming together."

Along with a Tennessee visit, Ledbetter said he is planning on seeing North Carolina when the Tar Heels host Duke for a basketball game, and also plans on seeing Florida State and Stanford this winter. Ledbetter now has offers from Tennessee, Duke, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Ole Miss, North Carolina, Vanderbilt and Virginia.

-VQ

@RyanCallahan247: Four-star 2015 Ga. DT Jonathan Ledbetter (@LedbetterDE15) says he picked up offers from Florida and Arkansas today.

Under Armour All-Combine: Defense

Defensive line

First Team: Jonathan Ledbetter, Tucker (Ga.); Chauncey Rivers, Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson; Adam McLean, Gaithersburg (Md.) Quince Orchard; Darian Roseboro, Lincolnton (N.C.)
The defensive line really had its way with the offensive line during the combine, with five defensive linemen making the top performers. The most impressive performance was turned in by Ledbetter, who showed tremendous quickness and excellent strength while manhandling several offensive linemen in one-on-ones. Rivers was nearly as dominant, winning all of his reps by blowing past larger but slower offensive tackles. Roseboro was the strongest player at the event, putting up 32 reps on the bench press.

Second Team: Russell Ude, Atlanta Westminster; Daron Payne, Irondale (Ala.) Shades Valley; Rasool Clemons, Aiken (S.C.) South Aiken; Darius Fullwood, Olney (Md.) Good Counsel

Honorable Mention: Christian Bell, Hoover (Ala.); De'andre Gardenhire-Washington, Kingsland (Ga.) Camden County

-Rivals

This is what I like to see!

@LedbetterDE15: Just got to Memphis with the team 🏀🏀 wish I could go to Knoxville and see UT while I'm here #vols

VN Store

Back