Ht: 6'2
Wt: 194
Class: 2015

Rivals
Darius Smith
Scout.com: Darius Smith Profile

2013 Mid-Season Highlights
Dee Smith - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

@I_Am_Dee_Smith: Just received my 1st offer in football from The University of Tennessee #blessed #FF4L

@AndrewJBone: Dee Smith, 2015 LB from Florence High School in Ala., received an offer from #Tennessee today

Teammate of '15 LB Keaton Anderson
@KAnderson5411: & S/O to my brother @I_Am_Dee_Smith on his offer from Tennessee! Love you bro! Congrats!

Brother plays @ Ole Miss

Last edited:
I wonder where this kid will end up in college. Physically looks like a safety. Plays fast, tackles well and his coverage skills look top notch. Makes some nice catches. If he bulks up, he would make a great linebacker. If he only gains a little, he would make a great safety.

Reactions: 2 people
I wonder where this kid will end up in college. Physically looks like a safety. Plays fast, tackles well and his coverage skills look top notch. Makes some nice catches. If he bulks up, he would make a great linebacker. If he only gains a little, he would make a great safety.
He's also got great hands. I completely agree with your assessment. He will probably play defense and will be a LB/S depending on his weight.

How is this kid not rated? Seriously.

Reactions: 1 person
"They called my head coach," Smith said. "I talked to them on the phone. I talked to Coach Thigpen. He said they haven't seen a linebacker who can move like me. I can play inside and outside the box.

"He let the defensive coordinator (John Jancek) watch my film. They wanted to go ahead and pull the trigger. I really didn't expect Tennessee to be my first offer. It came unexpectedly.

"I have never been up there for a visit. I really like them. I wouldn't mind going up there. I would like to go visit and see the campus."

- Bama rivals

UK, ole miss and Auburn are talking to him and he said he really likes LSU.

this vol fan approves this offer. i'll go ahead and stamp my approval and send it across Butch's desk.

Underclassmen to Watch:

OLB Dee Smith, Florence (Ala.) (2015): Smith landed his first offer this week from Tennessee. According to Smith, assistant coach Tommy Thigpen extended the offer to the athletic outside 'backer. Auburn, Kentucky and Ole Miss have reached out to the Florence (Ala.) defender with superb cover skills and range at the second level.

-Rivals

50b0ecb26fc07.gif

Be interesting where this kid ends up I think it becomes a Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU battle....Hopefully Keaton can steer him towards Tennessee

Be interesting where this kid ends up I think it becomes a Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU battle....Hopefully Keaton can steer him towards Tennessee

Is Keaton wanting to be a Vol? Iirc he kinda had a chip on his shoulder about people assuming he even wants to play at Tennessee and was adamant he would be taking visits and looking around elsewhere.

Tennessee assistant coach Tommy Thigpen is recruiting Smith for the Vols.

Smith grew up an Auburn fan, but the Vols were first to offer rangy defender.
"It felt great," replied Smith. "I was very excited, but I don't really have a top school right now."

As a kid he grew up an Auburn fan and he reports interest from the SEC champs along with Kentucky and Ole Miss. According to Smith, he feels the Rebels could be next to offer based on his feedback from his coaches.

As a junior, Smith racked up over 80 tackles including 15 for loss, five sacks, and a pair of interceptions.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1590196&PT=4&PR=2

VN Store

Back