Tampa, FL
Hillsborough

6'5"
205 lbs

Scout.com: Dwayne Lawson Profile

Dwayne Lawson

Dwayne Lawson - Yahoo! Sports

091613_AHSvsHHS-5_zpsa355adac.jpg

http://www.justhighlights.com/dwayn...2015-qb-2013-img-7v7-se-regional-hilites.html

Dwayne Lawson Hillsborough HS Highlights - YouTube

Bajakian was in to see him this past week

“Right now I would say that Florida and Tennessee are his top two,” Garcia said. “I know he was very excited to land those two. They are one-two and that’s not in order. In the end, I think it will all depend on how far away from home he wants to go. That’s three SEC offers and I am sure more are coming. He says he’s open and we will see what happens. This kid is a difference maker.”

-scout

Earl Garcia, his HS coach

@ZachAbolverdi: 2015 Tampa Hillsborough QB Dwayne Lawson (6-5, 215) names Top 3 of #Gators, #Vols and #UCF. Says #UF coaches impressed him at Junior Day.

Are we pursuing him? Or more of a plan B?

@ZachAbolverdi: 2015 Tampa Hillsborough QB Dwayne Lawson (6-5, 215) names Top 3 of #Gators, #Vols and #UCF. Says #UF coaches impressed him at Junior Day.

How would we know? You're the Florida guy, you tell us where he is on the Gators' QB board.

Lawson can sling it. The Bay has 5-6 BCS level QB for 2015.

Breakdown from UF site:

dwayne lawson - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Dwayne is a player who has great measurables and some good habits, but those were sometimes outshined by some of the negative aspects of his game. First, his pocket presence is great. When in the pocket he is calm, stands tall, and bounces on his feet, like Peyton Manning, which allows him to quickly change his focus to any target and change position of his body to make the throw. When looking at his height and how he stands tall in the pocket, I was disappointed when I saw how low and slow his release was. The positive of standing tall and height is eliminated when his release seems to be at his shoulder and though his release isn’t to slow it needs to be sped up just a little to be able to throw a laser pass and beat the defense. I also believe he has good touch and a strong arm, but during his highlights there were times I thought he should have really put his arm into the throw and put it on a dime he would instead give a touch pass that at the college level will be an easy interception. With all that being said the negatives can be easily fixed by college coaches to turn him into a great QB. He is my number two instate QB this year.

Player Comparison: A more athletic Joe Flacco
Top 3: UF, Tenn, UCF

Vols are definitely pursuing.

"I can give a Top 3: Florida, Tennessee and UCF," he said. "Florida and UCF, the proximity to home, and Tennessee, the interest they are showing in me." - 247 Sports, 2/1/2014

OSU offered.

"I'll be taking visits the whole month of March," he continued. "Tennessee, Florida, UCF, and Ohio State are schools that I will be visiting."

Lawson currently holds a dozen offers from the likes of Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Indiana, Louisville, Miami (Fla.), Mississippi State, and Tennessee among others. While his physical tools are substantial, it's the mental aspect that Lawson feels has led to his impressive offer list.

-OSU Rivals

Man, can't wait to see who our QB(s?) is gonna be for this class. We're gonna get a good one.

This guy and/ or Gentry.
Stidham not happening
TGibs- not happening, thinks he is the next Cam Newton
Lock- Has us in the top 3 but most likely Mizzou
Bryant from South Carolina could be one to keep up with.

But Id love to get this kid. More than Gentry. But it'll be one of the two unless we have some more guys pop up after some QB camps

Lawson is a Caldwell so if Urb missed on Gib its a good chance he heads to Columbus.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

F Urbie. We are closer to home and our coach isn't a schmuk.
But I do appreciate the input. Who is UF's top QB Target?

This guy and/ or Gentry.
Stidham not happening
TGibs- not happening, thinks he is the next Cam Newton
Lock- Has us in the top 3 but most likely Mizzou
Bryant from South Carolina could be one to keep up with.

But Id love to get this kid. More than Gentry. But it'll be one of the two unless we have some more guys pop up after some QB camps

Where did you read we are out of it for Gibson?

Sorry, just my opinion on all of it. He really likes Aubun now, and apparently OSU has always been one of. His favorites. I just don't see it happening.

Oh ok. I am still hoping we can gain ground with him but we are going to have to have a good season IMO.

F Urbie. We are closer to home and our coach isn't a schmuk.
But I do appreciate the input. Who is UF's top QB Target?

About 6 QB offers but Lawson Francios and Gibson are top guys. Chase Litton could come into play if staff missed on others(he headed to prep school). I feel you about Urb but the fact is most of these Fla kids grew up on Urbz winning at UF. Lawson added them to his top group as soon as offer was extended.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:

VN Store

Back