not in Arizona anymore
4_1108742.jpg

Athlete
Tampa, FL (Tampa Bay Tech)
Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 192 | 40: 4.40

Deon Cain
Deon Cain - Yahoo! Sports
Deon Cain - Hudl

Vols have offered. Clemson, Florida, Florida State, UCF, and USF have offered.

I also visited with athlete Deon Cain. The Tampa, Fla. product said he was looking forward to playing receiver tomorrow and trying to embarrass some defensive backs. Cain said that he feels his "motor" is what schools like about him. Coach Gillespie is recruiting Cain and the two have spoken multiple times. Cain said Tennessee, Clemson, and FSU were recruiting him the hardest. He hasn't been to Knoxville yet. His 7 on 7 team is taking a summer tour of schools and Tennessee is on their list to visit so he is expecting to be in Knoxville this summer, likely June.

-Hubbs

"I'm pretty much looking for any of the top defensive back prospects. I'm ready to embarrass them to show them that I'm the best out there," Cain said.

"Right now, the teams that I'm hearing from the most are Clemson, Florida State and Tennessee," Cain offered. "They are keeping my interest right now. I'm not really talking to any other schools that much other than those three. "They are pretty much still getting to know me. That's what we talk about right now."

"I've been talking to coach Gillespie. I don't really know too much about them. He tells me a lot about himself, the program and what is coming up," Cain said. "He's trying to find out more about my personality and me.

"I have a seven on seven team and we take a bus tour in the summer seeing schools and I know Tennessee is one of the schools on the tour so I'm going to be able to see them then."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
"2015 ATH Deon Cain has offers from Clemson, Florida, FSU, UCF, USF, Tennessee and GT. FSU, Clemson and Tennessee are standing out. He wants to visit Florida in March. Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss St, Miami and Vandy are close to offering. He wants to make a decision towards the end of his senior season."

-Adam Friedman

Noles lead slips for Deon Cain

GatorBait.net Staff
13 hours ago

Comments:8
Add a comment
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Four-star athlete Deon Cain had Florida State as his leader early in his recruiting process, but things have evened between his top schools as he hears more from several BCS programs.

Deon Cain
4-star ATH Deon Cain has visited Florida before and plans to again for a junior day this spring.

Florida's one of those schools, with Joker Phillips handling point in the Tampa Bay Tech star's recruitment.

"I hear from coach Phillips and he's just mostly telling me about their new offensive coordinator and scheme," Cain said. "He was like saying if I come there, I can make big plays and stuff like that."

Along with Clemson and Tennessee, Florida's one of the three schools in touch with Cain the most, he said.

"They're telling me about things they're going to be doing, what types of formations and stuff, like what's going to really go on, how they're going to change their offensive scheme from last year," Cain said. "That's pretty much what we sometimes talk about when he comes to visit."

Pulling Cain away from the Seminoles won't be an easy task, despite things being relatively open right now.

The 6-foot-3, 192-pound athlete explained why Florida State held the early lead in his recruitment.

"I'm seeing more interest from everybody, so now it's like getting even," he said. "At first Florida State was my interest, everybody else I'd hear from time to time. But now everyone's rolling in, so it's all even.

"I love Florida State because I was born a Florida State Seminole, so I mean it's always going to be in my blood to be a Seminole. I love how Jimbo Fisher is setting up the program and keeping everyone good and competing."

Tennessee running backs coach Robert Gillespie has worked on Cain for the Volunteers.

"He just tells me I need to go down there and visit," Cain said. "He just wants to get to know me right now, so we're pretty much just talking to get to know each other."

Clemson running backs coach Tony Elliott has tried to do the same with him.

"He's just mostly telling me how they're trying to get more people from Tampa to come up there," Cain said. "Tay Scott, I've been talking to him, how much of a family and stuff it is. Pretty much just getting to know each other right now."

The four-star prospect aims to make a college commitment sometime after his senior season, so he'll have plenty of time to sort through things as interest in him continues to grow.

Cain plans to visit both Florida and Florida State for junior days this spring.

Quotes provided by GatorBait.net reporter Luke Stampini.

I LOVE that our staff is getting involved in the Tampa area. They are not afraid to rumble with the big 3 in FL.

Class of 2015 rivals250 big risers

ath deon cain, tampa bay tech (up 69 to no. 164):
"cain is extremely athletic and could play many positions. He played quarterback as a junior, but showed off his ball skills and route running at the under armour combine. And with the way he stays low when changing direction, you could see him work as a defensive back as well." - mike farrell

"After my recent offers North Carolina and Miami are in there," he said. "And Clemson, Florida State, Tennessee, those are my top right now."

Cain will be visiting Tallahassee this weekend and said the Seminoles have an edge over the rest right now. "You could say that they're probably my early leader," Cain said. "I'll get more into who has my interest after I take visits this summer, but I'm going up there and I want to get a chance to talk to the coaches."

Cain said he's planning a bus tour this summer, with stops all over the Southeast. In the meantime, he's weighing the options that will help him pick a school. "Right now I haven't decided if distance is going to be a factor," he said. "I'm going to take these visits and see how it goes. I do know my schooling will play a factor. Do they have the right major for me so I can have something to fall back on? Am I cool with the coaches? What's the offensive scheme? Will I get early playing time? Stuff like that."

"I was thinking after I take these visits in the summer then at the beginning of the fall I should be able to make my decision," he said.

- Rivals

According to FlaVarsity Top 3: USF, UT and Clemson. Wants to visit UT,Bama and Clemson this spring. Visited USF, UF and FSU for Jr Days. JNewberg posted on USF site that after speaking with a Tampa source, Cain won't endup at FSU.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:

VN Store

Back