View Map
Ht:6'6"
Wt:230 lbs
Bench Max:225
Class:2015 (High School)

Zach Gentry - Yahoo! Sports

Zach Gentry

Zach Gentry - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Vols stopped by to see Gentry today per Rob Cassidy of Rivals. He was also given a 5.8 4 star rating today by Rivals, one of the 5 QB's outside the top 250 to receive a 4 star rating.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
"At 6-foot-6, Gentry does not lack for size," noted Midlands analyst Rob Cassidy. "For a player of his stature, he has a tremendously polished throwing motion. It's not perfect, but it's surprisingly solid given that too much size tends to hamper things on that front at times. Gentry is, by far, the top prospect in his state and should garner plenty of offers in the near future."

-Rivals

Reactions: 1 person
Just posted about this kid the other day - my favorite prospect outside of our top guys.

His height and star rating remind me of Bray.

Not exactly a fit for this system, is he?

His height and star rating remind me of Bray.

Not exactly a fit for this system, is he?

Dan LeFevour was a great fit for this system. I've heard Butch say numerous times that LeFevour had the perfect QB makeup for his system and IMO Gentry has a lot of the same qualities that LeFevour had as opposed to Bray.

Reactions: 3 people
Chris Everrett?:whistling:

I wish that was legal! How funny would it be if prissy little talking heads could get smacked around if the pissed off the wrong guy. Heather Cox probably wouldn't have asked the same questions of Jameis Winston last weekend...

tennessee offensive coordinator mike bajakian continues to log a ton of miles on the recruiting trail, most of them west of the mississippi river, as the vols continue to hunt for a signal caller in the class of 2015. On wednesday bajakian saw albuquerque, n.m., to check in on four-star quarterback zach gentry.

We spoke to gentry on wednesday night and he seems to have a legitimate interest to get to know the vols better and said bajakian and jones may be back to see him in january.

- vq

Reactions: 5 people
was about to say that I think it's interesting that he camped at Arkansas and Jim Chaney didn't offer him

then I realized they already have a QB commit

I wish that was legal! How funny would it be if prissy little talking heads could get smacked around if the pissed off the wrong guy. Heather Cox probably wouldn't have asked the same questions of Jameis Winston last weekend...

I thought she was pretty brave.....considering
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Watch his highlights. Kid can move.

Yea, I confess --- I was judging him on height and the Rivals evaluation alone. You guys are correct. His tape is radically different then Bray's.

Rivals lists him as a pro-style quarterback. Doesn't seem quite right, really. His tape suggests there's more to his game.

VN Store

Back