170 lbs

Octavis Johnson

Octavis Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

Football Recruiting - Octavis Johnson - Player Profiles - ESPN

Scout.com: Octavis Johnson Profile

2013-12-11-08-44-18-1919479143_zps3d8e3821.jpg

Octavis Johnson - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Vols close to offering

"Grant Ramey talked to Georgia cornerback Octavis Johnson earlier today after he visited Tennessee on Thursday and Johnson told him the Vols lead ahead of South Carolina and Clemson."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 4 people
Top 250 player. Would add great depth to our backfield. Would love to snag him to. I know we're all about some Cb's who are at least 6 feet

After a Thursday visit to Tennessee, the 2015 four-star defensive back from Homerville, Georgia left Knoxville with the Vols leading his growing list of scholarship offers. "Everything stood out," Johnson told VolQuest.com on Sunday. "The school, the academic part of it, all the coaches. Everything was good."

The 6-foot, 183-pound cornerback said he spent the visit meeting with all of Tennessee's coaches, most notably Butch Jones and defensive backs coach Willie Martinez. "He was just telling me they have great things coming for Tennessee, and they want me to be a part of it," Johnson said of his conversation with Jones, "and that I have a chance to get a great education and college degree."

He plans to announce his decision in August, at the end of his Clinch County High School football team's summer workouts. With both SEC and ACC schools littering his offer list, Johnson said conference affiliation "really doesn't matter" and wouldn't be a factor in his ultimate decision.

Johnson said the Vols want him on campus again this summer and noted he had a "good conversation" with Martinez. But the biggest thing that stood out about the visit? Neyland Stadium. "Their stadium," Johnson said. "It's huge." Could he see himself as a Vol? "Yessir."

-VQ

Reactions: 8 people
Committed to USCjr

Homerville (Ga.) Clinch County four-star Octavis Johnson has committed to South Carolina. The staff is bringing him in as an athlete and will figure out where he fits in best after he gets on campus. He chose the Gamecocks over Clemson, Tennessee, Miami and others. Linebackers coach Kirk Botkin landed him

Last edited:
"Grant Ramey talked to Georgia cornerback Octavis Johnson earlier today after he visited Tennessee on Thursday and Johnson told him the Vols lead ahead of South Carolina and Clemson."

- Fortenberry

Kids are pretty fickle these days.

Was told no room at the Inn IMO. His 2nd choice quickly became his 1st choice.

We must feel confident to be turning away top-200 kids with that size and offer lists. Hope it's a good sign. I've no reason to doubt Butch when it comes to recruiting.

VN Store

Back