Garner, NC
Garner

Nyheim Hines - Yahoo! Sports

Nyheim Hines

Scout.com: Nyheim Hines Profile

Football Recruiting - Nyheim Miller-Hines - Player Profiles - ESPN

1238869_zps1462c2a2.jpg

Holds a Vol offer

"This weekend I'll be at Duke. Next weekend I should be at South Carolina. The next weekend I'll be at Tennessee or Florida State," he said.

Clemson, Duke, East Carolina, North Carolina, NC State, and Tennessee all previously offered the dangerous playmaker, but he does not claim any leaders so far during the process.

"Versatility," he said when asked about his strengths. "I feel like I'm easy to coach. I listen and pay attention to details. The return game I think will be big for me in college."

"First of all, you have to see an offense before you even think about going to see it," he said. "Academics come first. I have great grades so I want to go somewhere where I know I can get my degree."

-South Carolina Rivals

RCS CHARLOTTE: Top Performers - Offense
1. RB NYHEIM HINES, GARNER, N.C.
Hines was very quick in drills, especially the footwork and change of direction drills and in one-on-ones he was impossible to stop. He easily gained separation against linebackers and was wide open for much of the day. Hines showed good hands and the ability to adjust to wind-blown balls and clearly had the best day of the running backs. He won the running backs MVP award for his efforts.

-Mike Farrell

2013 stats:
* 299 carries for 3,137 yards (10.5 ypc) and 49 TDs
* 29 catches for 598 (20.6 avg) yards and 9 TDs
* 5 of 9 passing for 162 yards and 1 TD
* 4 kickoff returns for 187 yards (1 TD) and 12 punt returns for 284 yards (2 TDs)

Ran a 10.64 100 last year. In 14 games, only one team (Middle Creek) held Hines to under 190 yards rushing.

2013 stats:
* 299 carries for 3,137 yards (10.5 ypc) and 49 TDs
* 29 catches for 598 (20.6 avg) yards and 9 TDs
* 5 of 9 passing for 162 yards and 1 TD
* 4 kickoff returns for 187 yards (1 TD) and 12 punt returns for 284 yards (2 TDs)

Ran a 10.64 100 last year. In 14 games, only one team (Middle Creek) held Hines to under 190 yards rushing.

He ran a 10.8 last week, but it's early in the season and it wasn't exactly a beautiful day

Kid is a beast. Very well be top back in state. Never remember a yeat in nc like this for rb.

Garner, N.C. running back Nyheim Hines admits he's ben intrigued by Tennessee and running backs coach Robert Gillespie recently. The 5-foot-8, 180-pound running back isn't hearing just from the Vols' assistant coach about Tennessee, though.

"It's great and he's telling me how great Tennessee is and I have friends that have been to Tennessee and said how great it is so I just want to get up there and see it for myself. Bryce Love and his dad told me a lot about it," Hines said.

"He tells me that I would like the offense there and the offense works and the coaches are genuine," Hines offered. "They want me to start at running back but then I can move around to do a lot of things. Just get the ball in my hands," Hines explained.

"I'm a lot bigger than people think. Everybody thinks I'm like 160 or 170," Hines said. "I'm fast and quick but I can be physical, too. I can get the one yard when you need it."

-VQ

Hines hopes to visit OSU, UT and Vandy this summer.

Reactions: 5 people
Want this kid in orange and white. Man, I really like a lot of the NC RBs this year. I haven't seen NC stacked like this at RB in a long time.

VN Store

Back