Recruiting Forum: Football Talk VIII

No he actually meant the team that has dominated CF the past 3 years

Oh so Oregon? If some didn't notice and I'm guessing they didn't just being a smart ars... And to be honest I do think Oregon is better than bama this year

I would love to see Oregon vs. the SEC champion (Bama or LSU?) in the NC game. Either Oregon will win or their fans can STFU about being better than the SEC. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
I would love to see Oregon vs. the SEC champion (Bama or LSU?) in the NC game. Either Oregon will win or their fans can STFU about being better than the SEC. :hi:

Oregon needs to focus on the PAC-12 right now as the Ducks seem to always stub their webbed feet on inferior opponents out West. We'll see if Oregonians are still pounding their collective chests when their visit to the Farm (Standford).

We saw how they fared in 2010 vs Auburn and they lost to LSU by 14 in 2011 and the game wasn't really that close. I think this years UF defense would hold them to < 21 just doubt the UF offense could score enough to win. Oregon has struggled against teams with equal athletes.

Oh so Oregon? If some didn't notice and I'm guessing they didn't just being a smart ars... And to be honest I do think Oregon is better than bama this year

Bama with a month of bowl prep to get ready for Oregon offense and duck talk will be shut down pretty fast.

No it Oregon because they haven't dominated squat. They may be better than Bama this year but as much as I hate saying it, Bama has been dominating the top teams in the toughest conference for years.

No it Oregon because they haven't dominated squat. They may be better than Bama this year but as much as I hate saying it, Bama has been dominating the top teams in the toughest conference for years.

Bama has been playing a soft schedule for years too. Avoiding Florida, SCAR, and UGA on the regular is just BS.

Reactions: 2 people
Bama has been playing a soft schedule for years too. Avoiding Florida, SCAR, and UGA on the regular is just BS.

Agreed. It seems like UT has been getting the worst possible schedule nearly every season for years now. The OOC games, like Oregon, are our own doing and part of it is having Alabama, maybe at its historical peak, as our permanent partner from the West. Another factor is that UF and UGA are in our division and USC is also in our division and is at an unprecedented level. Between those four games, UT generally has four top ten, if not higher ranked, to top fifteen games a year. UGA, however, seems to have slipped through with playing East teams plus a Auburn, their permanent partner, and one of the worst teams in the West nearly every year. Similarly, Bama seems to draw a bad East team nearly every year in addition to us and we've been pretty bad for several years now.

Bama regularly schedules traditional powerhouse or respected teams that aren't elite. They aren't playing any dangerous OOC games. Their last one was back against a highly touted Clemson squad that got injured the whole summer. They're a joke at #1 this year.

Alabama does not want any part of Oregon. This Alabama defense is not on the level of Alabama's defense the last couple season (although they are still very good). And this Oregon offense is a notch better than the Oregon offense of the last couple seasons. Alabama will struggle with Mariota. If those two meet in the NC, my money would be on Oregon. I am able to put my SEC homer-ism aside enough to be objective.

Reactions: 6 people
Alabama does not want any part of Oregon. This Alabama defense is not on the level of Alabama's defense the last couple season (although they are still very good). And this Oregon offense is a notch better than the Oregon offense of the last couple seasons. Alabama will struggle with Mariota. If those two meet in the NC, my money would be on Oregon. I am able to put my SEC homer-ism aside enough to be objective.

Completely agree with this.

I agree that Oregon would curb stomp Bama this year. I think Bama looses this year and no SEC team will make the title game.

By the same token, I think Alabama's offense would run right over Oregon.

I think it would be a fantastic game, and I hope that if both teams are undefeated late in the year, we get to see it come to pass.

By the same token, I think Alabama's offense would run right over Oregon.

I think it would be a fantastic game, and I hope that if both teams are undefeated late in the year, we get to see it come to pass.

Both teams won't be undefeated late in the year. Bama will lose...SOON!

Reactions: 4 people
Bama may get beat by LSU and would get beat by Oregon, FSU, and possibly even Clemson. They're really not that amazing this year..

Bama may get beat by LSU and would get beat by Oregon, FSU, and possibly even Clemson. They're really not that amazing this year..

So possibly 4 teams in the nation may be able to defeat Bama and they are not that good? Interesting take.

Reactions: 1 person

Give you LSU and Oregon as teams that could possibly beat Bama. FSU and Clemson? Meh.

VN Store

Back