'15 GA DB Yaquis "Duke" Shelley

Didn't we have a player a few years ago named Slick Shelley?

Edit: looks like Slick was a 2008 recruit from Ft Smith, AR. Probably no relation.

Last edited:
I'll be more interested once I hear his 400m time. All the other metrics like vertical jump, broad jump and even the 40 time is nothing but fluff. But the 400, that's not only the measure of an athlete, but that's the measure of a man.

Reactions: 3 people
Underclassmen to Watch:

CB Duke Shelley, Tucker (Ga.) (2015): Shelley is already a member of the 2015 Rivals250 atch list but continues to be a sleeper when it comes to offers. However, last week in this biggest game of his season he played the game of his young career, going toe-to-toe with fellow 2015 four-star Dexter Neal and recording an interception, two pass deflections, a punt return for a touchdown an another long kickoff return. So far Clemson is his only offer, but expect other schools to line up soon.

-Rivals

Kid is lighting it up tonight against MLK on GPB! Pick 6 on 1st play of the game; long reception for TD; and has taken 2 kick offs to the house. Good-looking athlete.

Reactions: 1 person
*Tucker DB Yaquis "Duke" Shelley scored four touchdowns, two on kickoff returns, one on a interception and one on a 43-yard pass play, in a 60-34 victory over M.L. King

Reactions: 2 people
Clemson 247 guy confirmed a little while ago.

From the Clemson writer:

Tennessee offered 4-Star Tucker (Tucker, GA) CB Duke Shelley this morning. This guy is a player. Very aggressive, great with his hands and really fast. I attached a pic I took at the Rising Sr Game. Up until this morning Shelley's only offer had been Clemson despite being a top 150 player. You can expect more offers to come.

Reactions: 4 people
This was posted about 10 days ago on 247:

"Duke Shelley The Tucker DB has the kind of skill set you can't teach. Right now Clemson is his only offer. Shelley's size might be a concern for some but he plays bigger. Shelley is a DB that wants to invade your personal space as a wide receiver. He's physical, aggressive and understands the game. Shelley is also the most explosive kick and punt returner I've seen in person in Atlanta this year. If you take one a wrong angle on Shelley he's gone to the house."

Reactions: 2 people
This is my top DB in the state and possibly top all around athlete for 2015. He can hurt you on kickoffs and punt returns and after a interception he's a threat to return it to the house everytime like EB. Very versitile player that could help us numerous ways. Twitter handle is @DukeSaysGo show him some love

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back