Clelin Ferrell

Football Recruiting - Clelin Ferrell - Player Profiles - ESPN

Scout.com: Clelin Ferrell Profile

1226455_zpsb0353200.jpg

Clelin Ferrell - Hudl

Says Vols are close to offering

Country name. Offer the man

Built just like Mr. Henderson.

If you look at the pictures, you'll se he's not built like Henderson at all, IMO. Ferrell is still pretty lanky, which is most likely due to age and physical maturation. Ferrell is also taller.

On another note, from looking at his 247 page and relative articles, it seems like Michigan is really interested in him, and they are pushing for a visit. They have not offered him yet. VA Tech is another school on him early. Clemson also has interest.

Miami and Virginia offered.

"The major offers are starting to be a surprise but none are really standing out," he said. "Some might start standing out once I go on some visits. Ole Miss is recruiting me hard. Virginia Tech, Tennessee and Virginia are also recruiting me hard."

"Most of the coaches I was close with at Penn State are gone now," Ferrell said. "Larry Johnson, coach O'Brien and coach London are all gone. They were recruiting me hard but I think I want to build a new relationship with the new coaches.

"My recruiting coach from North Carolina, coach Bell," he said. "He is now at Arkansas State and I was close with him. I'm still close with coach Fedora."

"I think I'm going to go on a college road trip over spring break," said Ferrell. "We're trying to go down south to SEC country. We may visit three of four schools. I think we might go as far as Ole Miss so we might hit Tennessee, North Carolina and maybe Alabama."

-Rivals

"I've narrowed it down to the schools that I talk to a lot and the schools that are moving in the direction that I like," said the 6-foot-5, 220-pound Ferrell. "I feel very comfortable talking to the coaches at these schools.

"I didn't want to have so many schools to consider during my senior year," he said. "I talk to almost all of these coaches at least once a week. I'm pretty close with all of these coaches."

Ferrell's top 11 schools, in alphabetical order, are Clemson, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, North Carolina, Ohio State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia Tech.

Tennessee: "I love coach Stripling, coach Jones and all those guys," he said. "They're easy guys to talk to and I have a good relationship with them. Tennessee's campus and Rocky Top is one of the best campuses in the country. I like the nutrition program they have there. I really like how kids are starting to go there. They had one of the best recruiting classes last year. Something is getting all those guys to go up there and I just want to go see why."

-Rivals

Reactions: 4 people
@RivalsFriedman: #Rivals250 DE Clelin Ferrell breaks down his top 7, committing on Wed. #Clemson #LSU #GoBlue #MSU #Gamecocks #Vols #VT

Friedman just said on VQ that he thinks Ferrell will choose Clemson. Man those guys are on a roll.

@RivalsFriedman: #Rivals250 DE Clelin Ferrell breaks down his top 7, committing on Wed. #Clemson #LSU #GoBlue #MSU #Gamecocks #Vols #VT

Friedman just said on VQ that he thinks Ferrell will choose Clemson. Man those guys are on a roll.

Does him picking Clemson help us with jones or settle?

Unfortunately no... Ferrell will be a DE. The commitment of CF should have no bearing on Jones or Settle.

I don't really view Clemson as competition for Settle anyways. They definitely are with Jones though.

I can confirm that he'll be picking Clemson tomorrow.

We're graduating 6 guys off the line this year, and after this will have 3 more spots available, so it really doesn't have much effect on the remaining board and our mutual interests.

Agree that we're in better shape with Jones than Settle, but long ways to go with both. Probably sitting best with Huggins, who is a technically a DE but will ultimately end up a DT, IMO.

VN Store

Back