Strong-Side Defensive End
Tampa, FL (Freedom)
Ht: 6-5
Wt: 230
40: 4.53
CLASS OF 2015

Scott Patchan
Scott Patchan - Yahoo! Sports

Holds offers from Miami, UT, FIU, South Florida and Boston College.

“My biggest offers are Miami and Tennessee[.] I like Miami, FIU, South Florida and Tennessee. I’m hoping to get offers from LSU, South Carolina and Oregon.”

“Tennessee has a great stadium and super fan base,”

He has not visited UT yet. It is important to note that his older brother plays OT for Boston College, and his dad and uncle played for Miami. This is going to be a tough one to pull from Miami. It was evident from the article that he liked Miami a lot.

Damn. I asked about him in the football thread a few days back. Still haven't checked out his film yet though...

Don't know much about the kid, but I know he won't be a gator. I doubt tOSU has much of a shot either. Good luck.

5.8 4 star, just outside Top 250.

"Patchan is a long rangy, rush end with a good football pedigree," Southeast analyst Kynon Codrington said. "His brother, Matt Patchan, was a four-star recruit that signed with Florida and his dad played at Miami. At 6-foot-6, 225-pounds he has the frame to add weight without losing any of his get-off quickness. He will need to continue to play with proper technique and not come off the ball too high giving his opponent a bigger target to strike."

-Rivals

“Tennessee’s a great school. They have a great legacy,” "They’ve produced many great talents, one of the most famous ones being the great quarterback, Peyton Manning. I mean, you look at what he’s doing in the NFL, and he’s had a very successful career. He’s one of the great legacies of the game. He’s a household name, and maybe that’s one day what my name could be like. I’ve seen pictures of Tennessee’s stadium, and it’s a really good stadium, really beautiful. ... I’m going to get there for sure.”

Patchan said he has been in communication with Gillespie over the past few months. “I keep in contact with him via Twitter. I’ve been able to speak with him a little bit, and he liked my film enough to offer me,” Patchan said. “They run a 4-3 (defense), is what he told me, so they’d probably just stick me at the weakside defensive end (position), due to my weight right now. “But I have another year of high school still, my senior year, and he wants to see how everything plays out — possibly move me to strongside defensive end or, if I get quicker and faster, maybe an outside-linebacker position.”

“I just don’t have any favorites at this time,” he said. “As springtime rolls around is when I’m going to start to narrow it down.” “My things that I’m looking for in a school are a great relationship with the head coach, a great relationship with my position coach — who I want to have very good credentials, and someone I can see myself in a relationship with for four years, because they’re going to be my go-to person to help me get better as a player,” he said. And then, along with that, I want a great chance to compete and good academics, because school is a big thing for me.”
Football is in this kid's DNA.

No shock there.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I suppose that UF is out because of Matt's rocky UF relationship?

Is UF doing as terrible at recruiting this year as we seem to be? espn didn't even list UF in Martez Ivey's top four, and I thought he was our main OL target.

I suppose that UF is out because of Matt's rocky UF relationship?

Is UF doing as terrible at recruiting this year as we seem to be? espn didn't even list UF in Martez Ivey's top four, and I thought he was our main OL target.

UF is top for Ivey and 5 other 5* early. Most will take a few visits before committing. Staff isnt taking as many reaches as past cycles. As for Scott he was never an option on either side. UF wouldnt have gotten the brother if he didnt attend Armwood.

UF is top for Ivey and 5 other 5* early. Most will take a few visits before committing. Staff isnt taking as many reaches as past cycles. As for Scott he was never an option on either side. UF wouldnt have gotten the brother if he didnt attend Armwood.

Thanks.

Sure sounds like a lot of shady stuff goes on at Armwood...consistently pushing kids to Florida.

VN Store

Back