Santiago
View Map
Ht:6'4"
Wt:200 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Blake Barnett - Yahoo! Sports

Blake Barnett

Blake Barnett - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

No offers yet but plenty of schools with interest.

Visiting this weekend for the UGA game.

Through five games this season, Barnett has thrown for 1,210 yards and 14 touchdowns. He's also rushed for 569 yards and 11 scores on only 48 attempts. Pro-style quarterbacks usually don't average nearly 12 yards per carry.

"I kind of went into the season with everyone thinking I was a pocket passer because of my size. This season I started running a little bit and it worked out. I'd almost consider myself a dual-threat."

"Tennessee talked to my quarterback coach and the coach wanted to see me," Barnett said. "They said they'd love to have me out for a game so I tried to find the easiest one possible. We have a bye week so it worked out perfectly.

"Notre Dame contacted me through Twitter. They said they saw my film and they like what they see and they wanted me to come out to a game this year. I found out another weekend that's possible and we're going to make it happen."

- Rivals

Other schools that have recently reached out to Barnett are UCLA, Duke, Colorado and Boise State.

Justin Hopkins from 247
@JHopkins247: #Tennessee not far behind. RT @BlakeBarnett_8: Very thankful to announce that I've received my first offer from #UCLA ! 🏈🐻 💙💛

Also retweeted by Keith N from 247 FWIW

Watched about 2 minutes of his film. Would be a great option at QB for the 2015 class. Throws it and runs it well. Arm looks plenty strong to make all the throws. Looks accurate on his rollout throws.

“The experience this weekend was just overall awesome,” Barnett told InsideTennessee. “Yesterday, I got to tour the facilities and athletic offices and everything was very impressive. It was all state of the art. I was very impressed by it – big time.”

Loved the crowd. Liked that young guys got playing time. Thinks we will be back in no time. Likes the play calling and likes Coach Jake. Had a great overall trip.

Scout.com: Vols eye California QB

"One of the hottest names this fall has been Corona (Calif.) Santiago's Blake Barnett, who reminds some of a bigger Marcus Mariota but is arguably an even better runner. The 6-foot-4, 200-pound prospect already has offers from Arizona, Cal, Colorado, Duke, Notre Dame and UCLA. Many other programs have reached out recently."

-Rivals

"One of the hottest names this fall has been Corona (Calif.) Santiago's Blake Barnett, who reminds some of a bigger Marcus Mariota but is arguably an even better runner. The 6-foot-4, 200-pound prospect already has offers from Arizona, Cal, Colorado, Duke, Notre Dame and UCLA. Many other programs have reached out recently."

-Rivals

I'd give my left nut for a Marcus Mariota-type QB.

Mods add qb to the title please for those of us with OCD

Brought this up twice yesterday cause I didn't wanna bump his thread but couldn't get any discussion, but thank you for the bump because this could really effect the qb dominos in relation to us.

VN Store

Back