Ht:6'3"
Wt:184 lbs

Kyle Kearns - Yahoo! Sports
Kyle Kearns
Football Recruiting - Kyle Kearns - Player Profiles - ESPN
Scout.com: Kyle Kearns Profile
Kyle Kearns - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

4* with no offers, but says hes hearing from UT

"Kyle Kearns has talked a lot with Tennessee, he gets mail from the Volunteers every day and things are looking good between the two sides." - Rivals

"I've been talking with coach (Mike) Bajakian for four or five weeks," Kearns said. "I've called him every Thursday morning and I'm starting to learn about their program. He's sending me mail every day. I think I've gotten every day in the mail it has been at least 15 letters from those guys.

"I got to talk with coach Jones a couple times. Talking to him and he's talking about the relationship between the quarterback and the head coach needs to be the strongest. You can tell it's a family atmosphere there."

Many others including Texas, Georgia, Oregon and many others have reached out and Kearns is hopeful things pick up especially after his junior season. He had a busy summer and wants to see how things transpire in the coming months. "I've been talking to all of them," Kearns said. "I haven't really focused on it during the season. I'm more focused on how we're doing.

"Once all the juniors start getting recruited heavier, I'm sure I'll be talking to them more. I remember Kyle Allen in a one-month window loaded up on offers. It's a similar situation where I need to play well this season and by playing well the offers will come."

-Rivals

The kid's arm looks great, but are there not any players that better fit our system? He may be able to run the read-option decently well because of his arm, but a QB with some running ability would fit better.

You dont have to run to be good in this offense, just need to be a capable thrower, something we don't have.

You dont have to run to be good in this offense, just need to be a capable thrower, something we don't have.

We don't know for sure we don't have a capable game day passer. Granted Fergy or Dobbs have not played a down, but both of them had some really good HS stats. Also, I think we do want a QB with better than a 4.8 forty, because you still need to have the threat of the QB running for Butch's offense to put in his whole package. I think he's modified it some because he doesn't yet have all the pieces in place.

I realize I'm in the minority here but I like my RB's to run and my QB's to throw.QB should only run when forced out of the pocket or wide open first down yardage.

Reactions: 1 person
I realize I'm in the minority here but I like my RB's to run and my QB's to throw.QB should only run when forced out of the pocket or wide open first down yardage.

I have a similar preference for a pro style offense.

This kid has a rocket arm and I only watched part of his highlights but there was 4 runs in a row and he has the ability to move too. This system doesn't require a pure runner at QB, just one that is willing to take it and gain some yards.

Heck, if the QB can just pull it and gain 4-5 yards when the end crashes we would be flying. We also need a QB that has a threat of stretching the field too, which this kid looks to have that ability.

Reactions: 2 people
This kid has a rocket arm and I only watched part of his highlights but there was 4 runs in a row and he has the ability to move too. This system doesn't require a pure runner at QB, just one that is willing to take it and gain some yards.

Heck, if the QB can just pull it and gain 4-5 yards when the end crashes we would be flying. We also need a QB that has a threat of stretching the field too, which this kid looks to have that ability.

Exactly. We don't need our QB to run for 25yds on the read option. We need him to get 4 or 5 yds then get his butt down so he doesn't get hit too much.

Apparently Oregon is recruiting him. That should say something about whether he would fit in a read option O.

I don't think anybody in their right mind would describe Peyton Manning as anything other than a pro-style guy, but I've seen even him tuck it and run for a few yards before.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this notion of "but he's a pocket guy" is way, way overblown. You don't get to be a D1 athlete in the SEC by not being able to run 5 yards for a first down. They're not exactly asking them to run marathons and you don't have to be Marcus Mariota to succeed in an offense like this. Dobbs' HS highlight reel makes him look like the next Manziel and he's still listed as a pro-style. Just be able to make the throws and occasionally tuck it and run. That's all that's really required.

Reactions: 2 people
The kid's arm looks great, but are there not any players that better fit our system? He may be able to run the read-option decently well because of his arm, but a QB with some running ability would fit better.

Great point!!! Would someone please contact Coach Butch Jones and let him know that he needs to revise his opinion of the type of QB he needs to run his system. :crazy:

Great point!!! Would someone please contact Coach Butch Jones and let him know that he needs to revise his opinion of the type of QB he needs to run his system. :crazy:

Before this year, he thought he could use pretty much any QB to run his system. lol

.....in Worley. The freshmen were both Elite 11 QBs, they can sling it. Just have get a better handle on the Offense.

Why would we be interested? We run a spread.

What does that mean? Have you seen thd offense Peyton runs in Denver? Hardly ever under center. You can be a pro style QB and run a spread offense. We dont have a Dual Threat QB and dont need one to run our offense effectively. The Coach's are recruinting McClendon and is the QB they want and is a pro style, just like Cornwell was.

He fits our system perfectly. I think the Coach's know what QB's fit their system. How many Dual Threat QB's have you seen this staff recruit since being here? Ferguson and Dobbs are both Pro Style. This year they went after Cornwell and Barker, both Pro Style and are recruiting McClendon hard and he is a pro style QB. Appears that a pro style QB is what they need to run this offense.

Reactions: 1 person

We have 2 TR FR Elite 11 QB's that have great Arms and are great throwers, yes we have them. Worley is actually getting better and more accurate, is a game manager type QB. But Ferguson has the strongest Arm and an NFL Arm and Dobbs has a very good Arm as well.

"I just talked to 2015 QB Kyle Kearns from Pleasanton (Calif.) Foothill and he said Tennessee is supposed to come out next week to check him out. The Vols have been one of the many programs who have continued to recruit him this season although no offers have come in yet.

I've seen Kearns many times during the 7on7 circuit and he's a very talented quarterback. It's only a matter of time until some major teams get involved in his recruitment."

- Adam Gorney, Rivals

This is the final QB Bajakian will be visiting while in Cali this week, per 247.

I expect us to have no problem recruiting QBs in 2015. North, Malone, and Preston Williams should be quite a pitch, and an easy sell.

STEVE CLARKSON FIELD GENERALS QUARTERBACK CAMP TOP PERFORMERS

QB KYLE KEARNS, PLEASANTON (CALIF.) FOOTHILL
Kearns still has no offers which boggles the mind but after signing day things could pick up. The first thing noticeable about Kearns is he's a student of the position, picks teaching up very well and then applies it on his next throw. The Northern California quarterback is very succinct in his throwing motion and he can deliver it all over the field. Clarkson gave him some pointers and Kearns immediately adjusted his balance. He's someone who listens, learns and then keeps getting better.

-Rivals

VN Store

Back