'14 TN Xavier Hawkins WR/CB/KR

ilovemediocrity

Most underrated player in East Tenn. Plays at Knox Fulton watched him against Powell, Farragut and Central kid can FLAT ball. Not sure how a major college can't see how he could help them. He has crazy speed and VERY good with the ball in his hand. Doesn't look tall but who cares he makes big boy plays.

Most underrated player in East Tenn. Plays at Knox Fulton watched him against Powell, Farragut and Central kid can FLAT ball. Not sure how a major college can't see how he could help them. He has crazy speed and VERY good with the ball in his hand. Doesn't look tall but who cares he makes big boy plays.

Disagree....Billy Williams Jr of Farragut is the most underrated. He's not always used as he should be, but finally this year he is playing in the backfield, TE, WR(TE split out) and returning kicks. That is feat at 6'3" 235lb! He has great hands also.

Hawkins' stats through 6 games: 22 catches for 529 yards & 9 TDs, 6 carries for 229 yards & 3 TDs.

Disagree....Billy Williams Jr of Farragut is the most underrated. He's not always used as he should be, but finally this year he is playing in the backfield, TE, WR(TE split out) and returning kicks. That is feat at 6'3" 235lb! He has great hands also.

No disrespect to Williams but he isn't the play maker or even close to what Hawkins is. I liked Williams size when I seen him against Fulton. He moved okay as well for that size. Hawkins is as good with ball in his hands as this area has seen in a long while and a 4.4 (40) from what I was told... If you haven't seen Hawkins play you won't regret making a trip to one of his games. Ask ANY opposing coach I'm sure if honest they would share with you the player he is.

Reactions: 1 person

Hi billy

Little Johnny Delfonic is the best player in all of Tennessee this year. I bet he could throw a ball over those mountains if coach would just put him in the game. He's 6'13" and runs a 4 in 40.

Of course I have no personal vested interest. Merely a casual observer.

Reactions: 2 people

Is he former UT AND Alcoa standout Billy Williams son? That dude could flat out fly, knew him growing up and competed against him through HS

Hawkins is a stud athlete and a good fit as a high school RB. At the next level he would have to be a slot receiver on offense. Does he have hands? If so, then he could play D1 ball at that position on offense.

Honestly, he does not look nearly as good as D Young did in HS based on his highlights. Similar straightline speed but nowhere near as quick.

I agree. This kid seems like he can play, but it doesn't really seem like the competition is very stiff in whatever division they play in. He has good vision, and he's fast, but he dances a lot. He reminds me of a shifty little Dexter McCluster. I'd say we'd mainly use him in the slot or in the return game, but I think we've got both of those areas pretty well covered now.

I agree. This kid seems like he can play, but it doesn't really seem like the competition is very stiff in whatever division they play in. He has good vision, and he's fast, but he dances a lot. He reminds me of a shifty little Dexter McCluster. I'd say we'd mainly use him in the slot or in the return game, but I think we've got both of those areas pretty well covered now.

Fulton is 4A. They couldnt get anyone to play them out of conference so they scheduled 6A teams & one out of state school. Hawkins is the real deal but you're right, we are already heavy at his position this year compared to other positions and with so little depth at so many positions I'm afraid both he and Rollins will not be offered. 3 years from now will be in a better situation w depth giving some local kids a better opportunity to make the team.

Article On Rivals Fulton Top Team IN State Top 100 In Country..

SCORING AT WILL

For the 27th consecutive drive -- and to conclude the 74-0 victory over Maynardville (Tenn.) Union Country -- Knoxville (Tenn.) Fulton scored a touchdown.

The team has punted three times in eight games this season.

Quarterback Penny Smith has two fewer touchdowns (17) than incomplete passes (19) on the year. Running back Daryl Rollins-Davis has 1,269 yards and 25 touchdowns on 86 carries. Receiver Xavier Hawkins has scored a touchdown on more than half of his receptions with 12 scores on 23 catches for 658 yards to go with three rushing touchdowns, two punt return TDs and an interception for a score.

The trio of two-star prospects are leading one of the most explosive offenses in the nation and has the team positioned as the top team in the state and No. 94 in the RivalsHigh100.

Through the first eight games the team has been held under 50 points just once and is outscoring its opponents 482-29.

If it is able to repeat as state champion -- and continue this pace -- it will push toward 900 points on the year, which could set a national record currently standing at 903 by Albermarle (N.C.) High set in 2001.

Article On Rivals Fulton Top Team IN State Top 100 In Country..

SCORING AT WILL

For the 27th consecutive drive -- and to conclude the 74-0 victory over Maynardville (Tenn.) Union Country -- Knoxville (Tenn.) Fulton scored a touchdown.

The team has punted three times in eight games this season.

Quarterback Penny Smith has two fewer touchdowns (17) than incomplete passes (19) on the year. Running back Daryl Rollins-Davis has 1,269 yards and 25 touchdowns on 86 carries. Receiver Xavier Hawkins has scored a touchdown on more than half of his receptions with 12 scores on 23 catches for 658 yards to go with three rushing touchdowns, two punt return TDs and an interception for a score.

The trio of two-star prospects are leading one of the most explosive offenses in the nation and has the team positioned as the top team in the state and No. 94 in the RivalsHigh100.

Through the first eight games the team has been held under 50 points just once and is outscoring its opponents 482-29.

If it is able to repeat as state champion -- and continue this pace -- it will push toward 900 points on the year, which could set a national record currently standing at 903 by Albermarle (N.C.) High set in 2001.

Lol my cousin plays for union county. That game would be the equivalent of Alabama playing Georgia State. Went to that game to see Rollins-Davis and Hawkins. They were pretty good but in my unprofessional opinion, not UT caliber players considering the way Butch is recruiting. Definitely D-1 and possibly even good enough to go somewhere like a Vandy or Kentucky but I couldn't see them at UT. Jmo :peace2:

Why do these threads about kids UT will never recruit keep popping up. I am sure there are better venues to discuss the performance of kids who will play in the SOCON.

Hawkins is a stud athlete and a good fit as a high school RB. At the next level he would have to be a slot receiver on offense. Does he have hands? If so, then he could play D1 ball at that position on offense.

Hawkins is playing WR in high school. He has excellent hands and speed. Good with ball in space too tough to tackle. UT totally missing evaluation here. Kid can flat play! Someone will get a steal. If the DI schools was always right in evaluations DII and DIII would never get anyone drafted to NFL.

Reactions: 3 people
Honestly, he does not look nearly as good as D Young did in HS based on his highlights. Similar straightline speed but nowhere near as quick.

NO one was as quick as DY so not good comparison. Hawkins is faster straight ahead than DY in high school. Hawkins doesn't touch ball a fraction of what DY did in high school.

Hawkins is playing WR in high school. He has excellent hands and speed. Good with ball in space too tough to tackle. UT totally missing evaluation here. Kid can flat play! Someone will get a steal. If the DI schools was always right in evaluations DII and DIII would never get anyone drafted to NFL.

Thanks for the correction... confused him with Rollins. :hi:

VN Store

Back