Running Back
La Vergne, TN (Lavergne)
Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 178
CLASS OF 2017

Maleik Gray - Yahoo! Sports

Maleik Gray

Maleik Gray #8 2012 13 LMS Football Highlights - YouTube

Vols offered per Fortenberry

Freshman in HS and already has offers from UT, Vandy, Ole Miss and Kentucky. Impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Ridiculous.....offering a scholarship to a 14 year old. I don't care if it's standard practice now, it's still asinine.

Reactions: 3 people
"Yes raw. His offensive game is a lot more advanced at this point. But before long he will be really good at DB. He has an older brother who I think will be an SEC caliber corner. He is out for the season w an injury."

-corner36

Ridiculous.....offering a scholarship to a 14 year old. I don't care if it's standard practice now, it's still asinine.

I agree the recruiting of these kids is getting ridiculous. They should make it where they can't start recruiting these kids till there in high school

No stars? :unsure:

Well maybe once he completes a semester of HS the recruiting services will get on their game! :eek:lol:

It's obvious that the only reason you "offer" a kid now is so that IF he ends up being a stud you've built that relationship. If not, then oh well. Offering a guy does not mean that we definitely want him. It means we just wanna keep in touch, and give a presence there.

A thread about a 14 year old boy started by a poster with an avi of a grown man in a Batman costume........a bit disturbing.

It's obvious that the only reason you "offer" a kid now is so that IF he ends up being a stud you've built that relationship. If not, then oh well. Offering a guy does not mean that we definitely want him. It means we just wanna keep in touch, and give a presence there.

Agree, plus when 3-4 other SEC programs have offered a kid in your backyard, you HAVE to offer too just to keep pace. This is what happened here. UK, OM and Candy offered (maybe others), so we had to just to keep up.

Honored to have a UT offer. Loved the UGA game atmosphere. Had a great time time at the game. Has camped at UT a few times and went to the Bama game last year. The crowd noise gave him goose bumps and he really enjoyed touring the facilities. Florida St is "dream offer." Winning is the most important thing he looks for. Likes Vandy as well. Believes CBJ is going to turn around UT. Thig is lead recruiter.

Scout.com: In-state recruiting rush continues

"One thing John and I really took away today was the fact that several 2017 kids from Tennessee really impressed. Maleik Gray looks like a high school senior. He was 6-1, 192 and certainly showed why he has four offers."

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
That's pretty big already for a 17 guy. He fast?

Sure looks like it in his film. I think 247 has him listed at RB, but not sure.

Yahoo and 247 links don't list his speed, but his weight at the time was 178 . Wondering what he runs now at his recent listing. Could end up a 220 lb'er. Be nice if he could still be quick

VN Store

Back