'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
1455301.jpg

Inside linebacker
Jacksonville, Florida
Ribault
View Map
Ht:6'4"
Wt:240 lbs
Class:2014 (HS - December Grad)

Jakob Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

Jakob Johnson

Jakob Elijah Johnson - Hudl

Vols offered.

Last edited:
But Johnson, born and raised in the Southern German city to an American father and a German mother, was seen by a former American college player when he played for his club team, The Stuttgart Scorpions, last season and advised him to give the American version of football a shot in the states.

"I just started researching what I'd have to do to play here in America so I took the ACT and the SAT and got registered with the NCAA Clearinghouse, Johnson said. "At first, I tried to get a scholarship right away out of Germany and I even got some responses from some colleges because I literally wrote an email to every FBS school in America with my highlight tape attached to it. I researched all of that. I got some responses but they mostly said come and prove yourself on American soil."

"Since Tennessee offered me more schools have started to talk to me," Johnson said. "I don't think anyone knew about me before Tennessee offered me."

"I know that they've got a really big stadium," Johnson offered. "I don't really know much about any school here in America. What I know about Tennessee is they have Tennessee whiskey or something. That's basically all I know." "I would love to take a visit there. I would really love to," Johnson said. "My family is starting to teach me more about the schools around here and I watched the Tennessee-Florida game when it was on yesterday. I'm starting to do my research on that and starting to get to know a little bit more about the colleges around here."

-VQ

Reactions: 8 people
Article says he's already heard from FSU and Miami and other schools. His game tape from the first few games this season is out now. Sounds like kids about to blow up. Thig was at his game the other night and offered.

Cant wait for thus thread to blow up wuth people freaking out about no stars and only other offer Idaho get yo popcorn ready gokna be fun

Reactions: 2 people
More from the article...

The 6-foot-4, 241-pound linebacker's father has family in Jacksonville, Fla., so Johnson decided to move in with his aunt and enroll at Ribault High School in Jacksonville.

Johnson made it to America on July 19 and just a few days later was playing in a seven-on-seven event with his new high school teammates and that's when word started to get out about the big linebacker that moves like a safety.

Now, three games into the season Ribault's opponents are averaging just nine points a game and Johnson is on the verge of blowing up coming off a game in which he recorded nine tackles along with a forced fumble and an interception.

That's where Tennessee comes in. Johnson had already received his first offer from Idaho but Vol linebacker coach Tommy Thigpen went by the school on Friday and offered and that has quickly taken Johnson's recruitment to another level.

Reactions: 1 person
Some film from this spring when he was playing in Germany...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZaU1uMSB0[/youtube]

A little german influence makes everything better.

Ok maybe not always but hey

Jakob Bjoern Werner Johnson is his full name according to scout

The word from 247 is that he could be one of the best 2014 LBs in the nation based solely on his physical attributes. They expect him to blow up, and think that UT really got in on the ground floor of this one.

Reactions: 3 people
Our coaching staff is un-real.

"No one even knew about me until Tennessee offered."

Btw - I mean this in the best way possible. It's amazing the work they put in to find hidden talent.

Reactions: 7 people
Wow. Very interesting offer, but I love the idea of this guy. If this kid blows up, this will be the 2nd or 3rd diamond in the rough we've found. This staff knows talent when they see it and they're getting to it before anyone else is. Excellent. Can't say how excited I am for future recruiting classes. Go Vols!

Haven't watched the highlights yet, but could he play DE? He's already bigger than Henderson :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back