Cameron Ordway
Pulaski, TN
Giles County
6'1
4.53 40

247 Profile
Rivals Profile

From Oct '13
@COrdway7: Just got off the phone with Tennessee! Taking a unofficial on Oct. 5!!

Hudl Film: Soph Highlights

Hudl Film: Junior Highlights

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Butch hittin up the taller DB's, no? I believe Moseley was 6'1 too. Of course, he also has other attributes such as running the speed of light.

Butch hittin up the taller DB's, no? I believe Moseley was 6'1 too. Of course, he also has other attributes such as running the speed of light.

Uhhh, he had small white guys catch him, he does not have speed of light unless of course the light is kerosene.

So I see Butch is really trying too re stock our defensive back field. I like it cause you can do so much more on defense with good db play

"One of my teammates had gone to a couple of camps and he was communicating with him and the coach asked him for my information and then I talked to him," Ordway said. "I talked to coach Martinez earlier this week and he asked me to visit on Oct. 5 and to come up there and get to know the coaching staff and stuff. It was exciting."

"(Martinez) liked the way I'm physical and the way I see the field and I would fit in well with the way their defense plays," Ordway said. "I've been told I have good cover skills and last year was my first year playing just corner and it was my first year playing defense. I wasn't as physical as I am this year and now I want to stop the run and get downhill."

Ordway hopes to be in attendance at Tennessee when the host Georgia in early October and early on he likes Tennessee. "I love it. It's closer to home and that's something I looked forward to doing, staying closer to home in case there's a family emergency," Ordway offered. "Tennessee's the first school to really look at me so I love that."

"I just look forward to seeing what their defense is like and what the rest of the staff is like and I want to talk to coach Jones," he said. "I've never been to a Tennessee game so I want to see what it's like. I've heard it's crazy."

-VQ

“I talked to Coach Martinez from Tennessee (last week),” “(Martinez was) just talking about (my previous) game and stuff, and he was asking me how I’ve done, and I told him the stats I had and stuff.

“He was talking about how he watched my film and how he liked how I was playing DB. He liked how I was physical and firing to the ball and stuff, and he just said he couldn’t wait for me to come up there October 5th to meet some of the coaching staff.”

“I would have to see it’s probably one of my favorite teams,” Ordway said. “My first favorite team is Ohio State, but Tennessee, I’ve always been liking Tennessee. And now that I play defense, every time I watch a college game, I just watch my position and see how each team plays its corners and stuff.

“I want to see how the fans are. I heard just the whole fan base is crazy up there, and I just want to meet the coaching staff and meet Coach Jones. And I really want to see how the defense is going to play, especially against Georgia.”

As you can see, he's admitted to his liking for tOSU. However, in the article, he also explained that it would "be awesome" to get an opportunity to play at UT. He explained that it would be big for his family to be close and for his family to be able to come see him play. He will be visiting for the UGA game on Oct. 5th.

@VolunteerLane: Vol fans I'm here watching 2015 corner @COrdway7 tonight. Looking to have a big night against Shelbyville.

2 picks and brought a kick back for a TD tonight so far.

Last edited:
@VolunteerLane: Vol fans I'm here watching 2015 corner @COrdway7 tonight. Looking to have a big night against Shelbyville.

2 picks and brought a kick back for a TD tonight so far.

He looked good tonight. Got beat on one play but played well overall.

He looked good tonight. Got beat on one play but played well overall.

Good news thanks for the reports...we definitely have some talented options to pick from instate at DB next year. The '15 class, added to what we have coming in this year, should help get the past few years of secondary play erased from our memories pretty quick.

"Big fan of Cam. Kid is a player. I wonder who will be the first to pull the trigger. He's long and versatile."

-Fortenberry

I wonder I'd him and Rico McGraw are friends at all. They're the same age and Rico is originally from Pulaski I think

Will be going to watch him again tonight.

Btw the last I heard two of his teammates were going with him to the UGA/UT game this weekend. Dontarius Gilbert (2015 All-State Safety) and Jordan Tucker (2016 RB)

Will be going to watch him again tonight.

Btw the last I heard two of his teammates were going with him to the UGA/UT game this weekend. Dontarius Gilbert (2015 All-State Safety) and Jordan Tucker (2016 RB)

Will you make the drive to Ensworth next week? That game will tell us a lot about Ordway and if he is the real deal

VN Store

Back