View Map
Ht:6'2"
Wt:200 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Roquan Smith - Yahoo! Sports

Roquan Smith

Roquan Smith - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Vols offered.

I could only imagine weighing 200lbs at that age. I was 6ft and only 140lbs. Basketball al the way.

GO VOLS!!!!
Rangers Lead The Way! :salute:

Top247 junior linebacker Roquan Smith of Macon County High School in Montezuma, Ga., is ranked the nation's No. 172 overall prospect in the 247Composite for the 2015 class.

Says he was blown away by his visit to Tennessee last weekend for the Vols' game against Georgia.

Elite linebacker Roquan Smith high on Tennessee Vols after visit

“Pretty good place, man[.] Amazing fans. It gets very loud up there, man, and I love the coaching staff there.”

“My coach (Larry Harold) had coached (former Tennessee players) Herman Lathers and Dallas Thomas back in Louisiana. He was telling me it was a pretty cool place, and the fans get pretty loud there, and they’re surrounded by the river,” Smith said.

“When I got there, it kind of caught me off guard how loud the fans get. It was by far the loudest game I’ve been to, because I checked out the Georgia-LSU game. Georgia-LSU, it was, like, 92,000-plus. It was pretty loud. But I didn’t know a stadium could get as loud as it got up there at Neyland.”

“If I had to pick a top five, it would probably be Auburn, Tennessee, UCLA, Ole Miss and South Carolina,” said Smith, who holds offers from all five teams, along with Mississippi State, Kentucky and Syracuse. “That’s in no order.”

“I met with coach Butch Jones. I talked to (linebackers) coach (Tommy) Thigpen. I met with all the coaches,” Smith said. “Coach Jancek, we talked a lot. He was like, he really needs me up there at Tennessee. They’re losing, like, six linebackers after this year, and they’re only getting four to come in for the class of ’14. He was like, I could come in with the Class of ’15, and I’ve got the possibility of early playing time.

Smith added that he liked Auburn's staff a lot, and he thinks UGA is a really nice place. In the article, other than UT, and he spoke highly of both Auburn and Georgia. Before the end of the season, he will be trying to see Auburn, Ole Miss, and South Carolina. Last, he said that our staff "treats you like family," and that is what he loves about our staff.

Reactions: 1 person
"I had been to two Georgia games and one at Auburn and I never heard it get that loud," Smith said. "They have amazing fans. I really enjoyed myself."

"I kind of expected some of it but not all of it because my coach had coached Dallas Thomas and Herman Lathers back in Louisiana and he was telling me what type of place it was and he was saying it was a pretty good place but I didn't think it was going to be that loud and wild." Smith offered.

"Tennessee actually stood out this weekend but I'm still pretty wide open," Smith said. "It's an amazing place. I love the facilities and the coaches and the fans and the atmosphere"

"Through five games before this past Friday night, Smith had 66 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, two interceptions, both returned for touchdowns, and a forced fumble."

-VQ

"Tennessee visit was pretty good. I was there when they played Georgia. The crowd had Neyland Stadium rocking."

-scout

Said the UGA visit was his "least liked" visit. Liked Clemson and Auburn as well

On an Insider article they quoted him saying that for 100k Neyland was loud but for 87k at Jordan-Hare was insane.

I could only imagine what it would be like in Neyland if something like that happened, insane wouldn't do it justice.

"Speaking of Jancek, the veteran defensive coordinator was in Georgia on Tuesday checking in on some 2015 prospects including one very high on the Vols' list for 2015 Roquan Smith."

-Fort

As a junior, Smith had 100 tackles, 27 tackles for loss, six sacks, three forced fumbles and three interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns. On offense, he caught 49 passes for over 700 yards.*

-scout

As a junior, Smith had 100 tackles, 27 tackles for loss, six sacks, three forced fumbles and three interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns. On offense, he caught 49 passes for over 700 yards.*

-scout

Yes. Please.

Smith said Ole Miss, UCLA, Georgia, Auburn, Clemson, South Carolina and Tennessee are recruiting him the hardest at this time.

He mentioned the above after participating in the Rising Senior AA game.

VN Store

Back