VolinArizona

not in Arizona anymore
1066805.jpg

Cornerback
Hampton, GA (Lovejoy)
Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 175
CLASS OF 2015

Montrell Custis

Montrell Custis #21 Lovejoy Wildcats DB 20...

Montrell Custis - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Vols offered. Has offers from ECU, UK, and WVU.

"I went to their camp and I showed out at their camp and ever since then we've been keeping in contact and they told me the offered a few weeks ago," Custis said. "They have a beautiful facility. Everything went perfect when I was down there. It was just all beautiful."

While at camp Custis was able to meet and start a relationship with Lovejoy High School grad and former Tennessee offensive lineman Anthony Parker, who is now a graduate assistant for the Vols. "I see him as one of role models because you see him make it out of the situation down here and coming where I come from it just opens up my eyes," Custis said.

"Cam Sutton came out of Clayton County and we all cheer for him and want him to do good," Custis offered. "Me and Cam have talked a whole lot and we played each other when he was in high school down here."

Not only does he know a past and current Vol, he also is close with teammate Preston Williams, a 2015 wide receiver committed to Tennessee. "He's always telling me that I should commit with him. He just loves Tennessee," Custis said. "I'm pumped. It feels like I'm about to play in a game on Saturday," Custis said. "I just want to see Cam and what he does and the defensive scheme the coaches put together."

-VQ

Custis will be at the UGA game with his parents.

Reactions: 2 people
Strategically selecting grad assistants is a very underrated aspect of recruiting. That's why we landed CP.

Strategically selecting grad assistants is a very underrated aspect of recruiting. That's why we landed CP.

Maybe CBJ should be looking at GA's who have close ties to a top 5 type QB for the 2015 or 2016 class.

"Hey son, you looking for a job"? :)

Sat next to Montrell and his parents at the game. Only really spoke to his dad. He was a really really nice guy.

He seemed to like that we rolled the safeties over and left Cam on an island in the second half. He was asking about a lot of the freshmen. He also knew a lot about scheme and football in general so that was cool to hear his comments and opinions.

We were all disappointed in the outcome of the game but he seems to think Coach Jones has us headed in the right direction.

I wish I had read this before meeting them.

we'll never predict his interest based on what we currently know

Yup, decommitted from UK yesterday and committed to Bama today.

Saban takes 3 stars? Next thing you know he'll be offering Rocky Reid.

Reactions: 3 people
Yup, decommitted from UK yesterday and committed to Bama today.

Saban takes 3 stars? Next thing you know he'll be offering Rocky Reid.

He doesn't...as soon as he takes them as 3 stars, they are immediately bumped to at least a 4 star.

Reactions: 1 person
Still running 2nd place to Bussey imo. He's a three time flipper. Bussey is a four timer.

Brandon Powell was classic last year. He committed to us and then flipped to Miami. Then he "re-opened" his recruitment and took some visits. Once he got that out of his system, he set up a ceremony to announce his "final choice" at which time he re-committed to Miami. Then he flipped to Florida.

Reactions: 4 people
Brandon Powell was classic last year. He committed to us and then flipped to Miami. Then he "re-opened" his recruitment and took some visits. Once he got that out of his system, he set up a ceremony to announce his "final choice" at which time he re-committed to Miami. Then he flipped to Florida.

Gold star goes to Valentine (DT from Fla 2014).

Committed to USF, Lville, UF and UM before signiowith LSU.

VN Store

Back