'15 NC ATH Carl Tucker

“I was surprised, because the first time I had talked to (Elder) was last Tuesday. ... But it’s exciting,”

“It’s just very exciting for me, because it’s my first SEC offer.”

“I was already planning (to visit Tennessee). After that offer, I told (Elder) I was going to be there," he said.

“What I’ve heard from Coach Elder was the only thing that I’ve known about Tennessee. I didn’t realize how big their stadium was and how it’s the biggest stadium in the SEC and all this stuff. I’m excited to go.”

“Clemson is in front right now because they’ve been looking at me since the end of football season last year, so they’ve been in front for the longest. But now Tennessee is up, and I’ll see Saturday if they can compete — which they definitely, probably will be able to. I’m very excited. I’m ready to finally go to another college and see a game.”

He said that he's already talked to Mark Fields (HS teammate) about Knoxville, and Fields has had good things to say. Tucker is visiting Knoxville this weekend for the WKU game.

Something to keep in mind: in the article, Tucker mentioned that he was a "huge Tarheel fan" growing up, and he thinks they are going to offer soon.

Also, he plays WR for HS, and he's most experienced at WR. However, Clemson is recruiting him to play either WR or S, and there is a lot of discussion about his future at S. He said that he likes WR more, but he understands that it may be in his best interest to move to S. UT has not discussed with him where he would be playing.

He said that he's already talked to Mark Fields (HS teammate) about Knoxville, and Fields has had good things to say. Tucker is visiting Knoxville this weekend for the WKU game.

Something to keep in mind: in the article, Tucker mentioned that he was a "huge Tarheel fan" growing up, and he thinks they are going to offer soon.
Kids year in and year out waste their talent at UNC (football) IMO. They most always have 1-2 really talented players with great offers every class. I'm glad MarQuez North is not lumped in that category. If UNC wins 10 games in the next 5 years, I will be thoroughly shocked. Going back and looking at guys like Marvin Austin who used his 5 OVs on: USCw, FSU, Tennessee, UNC, and Illinois and Robert Quinn who used his OVs on Bama, Auburn, and UNC. Quinn could have won a NC at either of his other top 3.

update on 247

“It was pretty awesome,” “It was pretty cool for me to meet all the coaches and just see what an SEC school looks like and how they are when it comes to football, and it was a completely different experience for me. It was really cool to see.

“It was exactly how I thought it was going to be — maybe a little bit better. I was in awe the whole time, basically. I was having fun the whole time.”

“(They said) that they were really excited to have me here, and I felt like they were, because I just walked in and they all just came up to me and told me it was good for me to be there and how they’re excited. I just felt welcome. The funny thing is, I never really got a firm handshake. I got a ‘dap’ and hug, which was pretty cool. It was pretty funny.”

Clearly, Butch gets it.

Also, Tucker visited Clemson for the UGA game, and he said that even though this game for UT wasn't a big game, it was louder, and the fans were crazier than the Clemson game. Last, the staff has told him that we are recruiting him as an outside WR, and he very much liked hearing that.

Reactions: 3 people
ty for the update and yes butch certainly gets it as proven here. We have positioned ourselves nicely to land him can't wait to see what happens

"It was exciting. It was something different. It was my first SEC game. It was a great trip," Tucker Jr., said.

"I first heard about Tennessee from Mark Fields," Tucker said, Fields also one of the Vols' top targets. "He told me the campus was really nice and the facilities were nice. Then, one of my coaches told me to call coach (Mark) Elder a call and I did and later that same week they offered."

"The fans," Tucker said what impressed him on his visit. "It was Western Kentucky but it was still filled with people and it was exciting and everyone was loud and crazy. I also like how the coaches are and how friendly they are and how easy it is to be comfortable around them."

Tucker said he doesn't have any early favorites early on and that everything is even between the three schools that have offered him, Tennessee, Clemson and North Carolina.

-VQ

"Mark Elder was in North Carolina last week checking in on several prospects including 2015 teammates Mark Fields> and Carl Tucker. Look for Fields to be one of the top cornerback targets in the class of 2015."

-VQ

Underclassmen to Watch:

WR Carl Tucker Jr., Huntersville (N.C.) Hough (2015): Tucker is another player who could end up on either side of the ball at the next level, and he's already done enough to garner offers from North Carolina, Clemson and Tennessee. Depending on how much weight he adds, he could end up at safety or linebacker, but he's shown to be a pretty good wide receiver prospect as well.

-Rivals

I like him on defense personally. I think he is a good looking SS/OLB type of prospect. I didn't realize we were in his Top 2 early on. You have to think we have a good shot if UNC is the main competition. I know they are the home state school but that program is a complete mess right now. I'd really like to get him and Mark Fields out of there.

“I’d say top three would be, in no particular order, Tennessee, Chapel Hill and Clemson,” Tucker said.*

-scout

Mark Elder, UT’s tight ends coach and special teams coordinator, traveled to North Carolina to check on several 2015 prospects, including elite defensive tackle Shy Tuttle, Top247 defensive end Jalen Dalton, four-star cornerback Mark Fields and athlete Carl Tucker. - 247 Sports

Obviously, the seven commitments is a very good start but there are a lot of others that are high on the Vols right now. That includes North Carolina athlete Carl Tucker Jr., a versatile player that could line up on either side of the ball at the next level. He currently has the Vols as his leader. -VQ

Another prospect to possibly keep an eye on is North Carolina athlete Carl Tucker from the 2015 class. Tennessee has a firm lead for Tucker and he's visited several times and he's talked about making a decision soon. While we have nothing from Tucker to indicate an impending commitment, it's at least something to keep in mind going into Saturday.

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
I've been high on this kid for a while. I think this kid is a Safety, maybe even an OLB in college, not a WR.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back