'15 SC DE Rasool Clemons (Ole Miss commit)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
RASOOLCLEMONS267_6_12_150.JPG

Weakside defensive end
Aiken, South Carolina
South Aiken
View Map
Ht:6'5"
Wt:200 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Rasool Clemons - Yahoo! Sports

Rasool Clemons

Rasool Clemons - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Vols offered.

He's up around 210 now according to one of his coaches. Originally from New Jersey as well. LSU will likely be a factor there as well.

- Fortenberry

Four-star defensive end Rasool Clemons transferred in two springs ago from Bloomfield (N.J.). He started playing football and lifting weights for the first time. He’s since gained 20 pounds and increased his bench press 65 pounds over the last year. With it has come offers from Clemson, Florida State and Virginia. Clemons is hoping for offers from LSU, USC and Miami. If LSU offers his recruitment could be over quickly. Clemons has a connection to Miami as his friend from New Jersey, Al-Quadin Muhammad, plays defensive end for the Hurricanes. Clemons list a Top three of Miami, LSU and USC. He hopes to get to games at Miami and South Carolina this fall. He feels the Gamecocks could offer next. Clemons had four tackles for loss and two sacks against defending state champion, Greenwood, in Friday night’s 17-10 near upset.

Apparently, he really likes LSU.

Interesting prospect. Leo or OLB? He has a lot of weight to put on either way. He has time on his side though

I just visited with Aiken, SC defensive end Rasool Clemons. Clemons is a 4-star defensive end who was in Knoxville for the Auburn game and plans to be back this spring or summer to see the Vols again. The receivers coach on his high school team is a Tennessee fan and Clemons likes the family atmosphere in Knoxville and the personality of the coaching staff. He has also been to Clemson a couple of times and was at FSU last some for camp.

He's going to be a highly recruited player. The Vols have offered and were by the school in December.

-Hubbs

Reactions: 1 person
"Aiken (S.C.) South Aiken defensive end Rasool Clemons said Tennessee, Virginia, Clemson and Florida State have offered and that the Volunteers stand out most."

- Adam Gorney, Rivals

Four-star junior defensive end Rasool Clemons of South Aiken (S.C.) High School has received five scholarship offers.
But he still can’t settle on a clear-cut favorite among them.
“Some days, I would go, like, Tennessee. Some days, I would go, like, Florida State,” said Clemons, a four-star junior defensive end from South Aiken (S.C.) High School who claims offers from Tennessee, Florida State, LSU, Clemson and Virginia.
“Right now, in my mind, I’m thinking about making a decision probably, I would say, over the summer. But then, like, every day it’s different. I’m just going to wait ‘til I probably go to some spring games and stuff and see how I like it, or probably (take) my five official visits. But I don’t want to wait too late (to decide).”
The 6-foot-6, 207-pound Clemons said Tennessee, LSU and Florida State currently are standing out to him, but he also likes Clemson.
He already has visited Florida State, Tennessee, Clemson and South Carolina, and he said he’s hoping to make it to Florida State, Clemson and LSU this spring. He said he also would like to travel to North Carolina and Rutgers this summer.
Clemons said he’s looking forward to visiting LSU for the first time in April.
“Hopefully I like it,” he said. “Hopefully I’ll see all the football trophies and everything they’ve won. I just know they’re good in football because I grew up watching Patrick Peterson. I don’t even know too much about the school. I just know how their football team is.”
“(LSU coach Les Miles) was basically saying they would love to have me, and he was just making jokes, like, should he keep (jersey) No. 9 for me or should he keep No. 7? Because he knows I like Patrick Peterson. I was like, ‘You should keep 9,’ and he was like, ‘All right, buddy, I got you.’”
Clemons visited Tennessee for the first time in November to attend its home game against Auburn, and he said the Vols made a strong impression on him.
“I just like how their fans and people are,” he said. “I just love Tennessee. I talk to Coach ‘G’ (running backs coach Robert Gillespie), and we talk a lot. He’s a cool cat. I remember we were at the game, and they caught an interception, and he was jumping around and he messed, like, his ACL up, so he was on crutches after halftime. I just like Tennessee.
“It’s a good environment. ... I can see myself playing for Tennessee.”
Clemons said he has made multiple visits to Florida State, most recently attending the Seminoles’ game against Miami on Nov. 2.
“Their crowd just won me over, how all the teammates just come together,” he said. “If somebody dropped the ball or missed a tackle, they were like, ‘Get it the next play,’ and I need a team like that.”
Clemson defensive backs coach Mike Reed also has talked plenty with Clemons recently.
“I like Clemson,” Clemons said. “Me and Coach Reed, we’ve been talking a lot. I like Coach Reid. He’s a cool coach. You can talk to Coach Reed about anything, and he’ll just be real with you, keep it 100. I like that about Coach Reid.”
Just as Clemons continues to go back and forth on which team is at the top of his list, he said he hasn’t made up his mind on when he would like to make his college choice.

This is most of it from GoVols247. I wanted to shorten it more, but most seemed to be pertinent information.

Reactions: 2 people
We really need to keep Coach G for as long as possible. Good with the RBs and a great recruiter.

VN Store

Back