'15 TN ATH Jocquez Bruce (UT commit 6/17/14)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
JBRUCE150.JPG

Athlete
Knoxville, Tennessee
South Doyle
View Map
Ht:6'0"
Wt:180 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Jocquez Bruce - Yahoo! Sports

Jocquez Bruce

Jocquez Bruce - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Another local 2015 athlete scheduled to be at the game is Jocquez Bruce of South Doyle High School in Knoxville.

Bruce, who we first told you about several weeks ago has continued to generate considerable buzz the first few weeks of his junior season as someone the Vols are going to keep a close eye on as the season progresses.

-VQ

“It was great. It was real good,” said Bruce, who plays running back, cornerback and wide receiver at South-Doyle.

“The weight room was real nice. And I liked the UT fans. They really appreciate the recruits and whatnot, and the coaches, they were treating me with respect and all that. It was nice.”

“Hopefully I’ll be getting an offer soon. I think they’re recruiting me as an athlete,”

“I want them to recruit me as a running back, though, because that’s my favorite position. I grew up playing that, and I wouldn’t want to switch it. I’ve got to get bigger, though.”

“I love UT,” he added. “(Saturday’s visit) was unbelievable. I didn’t ever think that they would look at me.”

He said that he thinks the Knox County Jamboree got UT's attention because he had ~200 all purpose yards in the 1st quarter. He's been clocked at 4.5 in the 40, and his HS coaches have told him that a couple of other smaller schools have begun to show interest, but UT was the first school to reach out to him.

Reactions: 4 people
South Doyle is playing on myVLT right now if anyone wants to watch this kid play. He already had an impressive 70 yard TD but it got called back for holding. Made about 6 guys miss.

"It's one thing I worked on this year was my speed," Bruce said. "I worked hard with track to improve in that area and I believe I have. Coach Graham has helped out a lot. He has taught me to run the right way and always go hard in practice."

"I feel like I bring leadership and the ability to be a playmaker," Bruce said. "Everytime I touch the ball I'm thinking touchdown. Everytime I get it, that's my goal is to get across the pylons."

"It would mean the world to me," Bruce said about the thought of receiving an offer from Tennessee. "I've been dreaming of that since I was a little boy. I had so much fun at the game a few weeks ago. Everyone treated me like I was a celebrity. Everyone was coming up and talking to me like they know me. All the fans knew me somehow. It was great."

"I just love the community and the coaching staff," Bruce said. "Growing up here, I grew to love Tennessee. I went to games when I was little. It means a lot to me."

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Kid loves the orange and white, has nice size and oozes athletic ability. Sign him up!

I was thinking corner for this kid but i think he should get a shot at running back he is a great athlete.

I couldn't find his stats for the Hardin Valley game but in South-Doyle's other 3 games, Bruce rushed for 525 yards and 11 TDs on just 47 carries (11.2 ypc).

FWIW, 3 former Vols are on South-Doyle's coaching staff: Clark Duncan (head coach), Bobby Graham, and John Rollins.

I can probably get some info on his attitude and work ethic. I'm a youth sponsor for a youth group that has tons of SDHS football players in it.

Too bad SD didn't have 10 more jocs.. He was the only guy tht showed up.. Well, except for my little bro that plays on his team..

My dad said that the AC game was the first time all season that Joc got caught from behind on a long run.

His coach at South-Doyle is Clark Duncan, former UT DB. Here is what he had to say on Joc:

"Oh man, he's special," Duncan said of his do-it-all junior athlete. "He can go in a second. It looks sometimes like he's shot out of a cannon. And, he's got such great vision and determination. It's just really special to watch him."

"He can (play slot receiver). He can play anywhere. He can catch the football; he's a great receiver. He's going to be highly recruited just because of the fact that he has the ability to play multiple positions," said Duncan, who was a defensive back on The Hill, lettering 1977-78, 80.

-scout

Being recruited by Coach Jake and Coach G

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back