Rb
Hoover, AL
Hoover

6'1"
200 lbs

Bradrick Shaw - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Bradrick Shaw Profile

BRADERICKSHAW150_zps542f21f6.jpg

Was on campus this summer. Miss St. has offered.

Sad story on what happened to him while he was at our camp. Free read:

Scout.com: Shaw's bitter-sweet Summer

Man, your dog dying in a house fire... I'd give up everything I own to save my dog (Cowboy). Brutal. I've had a home burn up with everything in it before. It's horrible. I mean you don't even own a toothbrush. No underwear, no socks. It's a very expensive ordeal. Replacing things like brooms, garbage cans, vacuum cleaners. Sucks. But losing the dog is the saddest.

Reactions: 3 people
Man, your dog dying in a house fire... I'd give up everything I own to save my dog (Cowboy). Brutal. I've had a home burn up with everything in it before. It's horrible. I mean you don't even own a toothbrush. No underwear, no socks. It's a very expensive ordeal. Replacing things like brooms, garbage cans, vacuum cleaners. Sucks. But losing the dog is the saddest.
Truth. Not a relationship like a man and his dog.

Reactions: 5 people
Damn...stories like this make me take my dog (Sam) to petsmart and buy him tons of bones.

Yes Sir. Outside of a Man's relationship wiith his Son there is nothing more loyal than a Man's Best Friend, his Dogg. Gimme my Son, my Pup and my Vols and life is complete!

Reactions: 2 people
Underclassmen to watch:

APB Bradrick Shaw, Hoover (Ala.) (2015) : Shaw is a combo back who possesses speed and power. Hoover isn't known for producing feature backs, but Shaw has the ability to change that notion. Mississippi State was the first to offer. According to Shaw, Cincinnati also offered, and he wants to earn an offer from Georgia. He will likely be courted by schools across the Southeast and beyond at the conclusion of his junior year.

-Rivals

Awesome name. Just add rick on the end of any common name

It's weird that he's rated as the #3 RB but Is 179th overall on rivals.

Usually the top 3 RB's are around the top 25.

Might be in the midst of an update or something.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah something is messed up because Swinney is the #5 RB and is 60th overall.

He's the #3 ALL-PURPOSE RB. Not sure I agree with that position assignment given his size (6-1, 193). APB's are usually your undersized scatbacks. This guy has the size to be a lead back I would think.

He's the #3 ALL-PURPOSE RB. Not sure I agree with that position assignment given his size (6-1, 193). APB's are usually your undersized scatbacks. This guy has the size to be a lead back I would think.

Or it could mean he runs it well, blocks well, and catches the ball very well out of the backfield. IMO a kid does not have to be 5'9 178 to be an APB.

Reactions: 1 person

When I click on the link he's listed as a Running Back, not APB.

Edit: when I go to the APB rankings he's on there, guess it's just a typo on his profile.

Last edited:

As I was reading this, my dog jumped into my lap. You're right, losing your home and belongings sucks. But losing your dog as well is a kick in the gut.

As much as we want to fill our team stocked with quality players who are also quality people, wherever this kid goes isn't in my thoughts right now. I feel for him going through this, and will put a little wear and tear on my knees praying for him.

Hoover huh? I wonder where he will end up...

/sarcasm

I might think the same thing, but ever since Gavin Bryant signed, I feel alot better about our chances of getting a recruit or two here and there out of Alabama.

I might think the same thing, but ever since Gavin Bryant signed, I feel alot better about our chances of getting a recruit or two here and there out of Alabama.

This is a good year for someone OOS to grab one of these solid RBs because there are too many instate this year. Samuel, Shaw, Mixon, Johnson,Thomas, Gibson and Flowers are all ranked kids with SEC offers.

14222859-mmmain.jpg

Ranked as 2015's No. 7 prospect in Alabama by AL.com.

The skinny: A physical back who benches 315 and runs a 4.5, Shaw runs with great burst and great vision. He racked up 1,286 yards and 25 touchdowns as a junior for the 6A state champion Bucs.
A-List 2015 No. 7: Bradrick Shaw, RB, Hoover (video) | AL.com

The Hoover staff gave Shaw all the time he wanted to deal with his family’s tragedy.

“We got back, he hugged me and I told him, ‘Look, take care what you have to take care of, you’re good,’ “ Kervin said. “He was emotional. I thought he would take a few days to compose himself and get things in line, but he was there the next day working as hard as ever.”

That was the best way to deal with it all, Shaw said.

“I love to compete,” Shaw said. “You just have to keep showing what you’re working hard for and what you can do. I just tried to take it to that next level and getting better.”

Hoover junior Bradrick Shaw earns 2013 Birmingham News Hoover Player of the Year honor - al.com

Last edited:
CLASS OF 2015 RIVALS250 BIG RISERS

RB BRADRICK SHAW, HOOVER, ALA., (UP 51 TO NO. 128)
"Shaw has everything you want in a back in terms of size, speed and athleticism. For a while it looked as if he might be more of an all-purpose type guy, but he continues to get bigger, stronger and faster."

-Woody Wommack

VN Store

Back