V,B
Jacoby Stevens
Athlete
Nashville, TN (Ensworth)
Ht: 6-2
Wt: 190
CLASS OF 2017

Jacoby Stevens

The class of 2017 looks like it's going to be special in middle Tennessee and Jacoby Stevens is part of the reason why. He's already being talked about as the next in line at the Ensworth pipeline.

- 247 - B. Simmons

Attachments

• Stevens.jpg
    Stevens.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 5,427
At the Playmakers 7-on-7 tryouts in Nashville today...

2017 athlete Jacoby Stevens might have been the biggest surprise standout Sunday at the Playmakers Academy 7-on-7 work.

Stevens showed consistently good feet, speed and hands. He had a highlight-reel catch down the left sideline late and consistently battled all top-level players without hesitation.

-Fortenberry

Full Motion/Playmakers Academy 7-on-7 Tryouts Top Performers

5. JACOBY STEVENS, ATH, NASHVILLE (TENN.) ENSWORTH (2017)
Stevens worked out Sunday as a wide receiver and showed great speed while getting open down the field. There's no doubt that he's an athlete, but his higher ceiling is likely on the defensive side of the ball, either at linebacker or safety. As he continues to add size and bulk, it will be interesting to see how his game develops.

-Woody Wommack

Reactions: 1 person
Top Underclassmen

Jacoby Stevens, WR, Nashville (Tenn.) Ensworth (Class of 2017) – An elite body-type athlete, Stevens was playing wide receiver on Sunday but could project to a number of positions. His vertical ability and ball skills were elite. While he is still collecting polish and developing his movement skills, the natural talent is huge. -247 Sports

"I think showed my ability to use my eyes and deception and also use my strength," said the 6-foot-2, 190-pound Stevens, a Class of 2017 prospect. "And I think also showed how to burst out into all my cuts and my explosion. I picked up a lot of things today in the drills as well."

"Especially, Ugo Amadi. I like to go against him because I know he's really good. I try to put myself in different positions and he's still always giving me a run for my money, so I like just things like that," Stevens said. "People already with offers makes me hungry, makes me want to get better."

"You can't use age as an excuse. There are a lot of freshmen and sophomores who are from big high schools starting, and there's freshmen and sophomores in college," Stevens said. "So you can't always say I'm a freshman, I can lay back. You've always got to go hard.

"For right now, I'm still going to be coming and working with the IFM family and Playmakers and focusing on my grades a lot. The grades are what matters. Just getting better, getting better all around."

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Callahan says he'll be one of the top players in state

Ryan Callahan 36628 posts
Tennessee has offered freshman athlete Jacoby Stevens of Nashville's Ensworth High School, who's expected to be one of the state's top prospects in the 2017 class.
Stevens was one of the top performers at last week's In Full Motion/Playmakers Academy 7-on-7 tryouts in Franklin, Tenn.
Attached Link Jacoby Stevens
4 minutes ago via 247Sports Mobile

Mike Sawyers Jr ‏@MikeSawyers_75 7h
Jacoby about to blow up real soon. Hope he end up being a Vol with me . #GBO

Jay Robertson ‏@J_Rob51 7h
@MikeSawyers_75 snag him and Ty #A1

Mike Sawyers Jr ‏@MikeSawyers_75 7h
@J_Rob51 let do it bruh

Jay Robertson ‏@J_Rob51 6h
@MikeSawyers_75 Ty chandler and Jacoby Stevens #studs

Reactions: 1 person
Ty Chandler also has the offer. Jacoby has awful grades, though. He was put on athletic probation for first half of basketball season and I've heard he had below a 50 in English. This is at a school that has terrible academics and is almost impossible to fail for athletes.

From seeing both players play... I think Ty Chandler is better right now. Surprised that he is not getting as much hype as Jacoby.

VN Store

Back