Crootin Forum: Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's scary in here...I like the old place better :eek:hmy: :no: :cray::scare:

Butch M'Fn Jones!

Majors already had a high opinion of Tennessee Coach Butch Jones, but a visit to a Vols practice session bumped Jones up even higher in Majors' book.

"It's absolutely fascinating and phenomenal. I don't think anybody had better tempo on the practice field than we did when I was coaching because I was coached by great people,'' Majors said. … "Nobody does it better than Butch Jones and his staff. I've never seen a practice with more tempo, more excitement, more teaching and it's just not talking. They're teaching while they talk.''

JOE BIDDLE: Sunday Notes: August 11, 2013 - WKRN, Nashville News, Nashville Weather and Sports

Reactions: 5 people
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKi6wd1_-d0[/youtube]

Because it's fun to watch.

Reactions: 6 people
Somebody call Webster and have Butch Jones picture placed next the definition of relentless. I can't wait to see this team play.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok VN peeps, I admit that after watching the Vols for 43 years now, I am more excited about this year than any since the late 90's. Used to watch in frustration as Coach Majors didn't adjust during the game and we did the same thing over and over i.e. the 86 Bama game when Bobby Humphreys ran over an over up the middle and we lost 56-28 on national TV. Watched during the Fulmer era when he got outcoached again and again by the "ole ball coach". This year I see coaches who teach, motivate, encourage and demand intensity and attention to detail. We won't win every game obviously, but I feel like we will be proud of the effort the players put out and hopefully the decisions the coaches make. We're undefeated now and I usually lose a lot of interest after we lose to UF (just too painful to stay engaged after that) but this year I think it will be very interesting to watch the development of this team and the direction Butch takes us. Have a stong feeling we finally found a great coach but that remains to be seen. Hopefully Butch REALLY gets it and GBO!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I love what Butch said to Cam "102,000 people just went "uhhhh" "Cam you just made the SportsCenter highlights"

Neal looked like he was running hard in that scrimmage video. I'm expecting big things from the running game this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Great for Wiseman. Kid seems to have really stepped up.

Pittman loved him along with Jones staff. I think he is going to be a great one.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back