Hale Hentges
Weak-Side Defensive End, Tight End
Jefferson City, MO (Helias)
Ht: 6-4
Wt: 230
CLASS OF 2015

Hale Hentges
Hale Hentges - Yahoo! Sports

Hentges is scheduled to visit UT this weekend. Rivals claims he has an offer from UT, but he does not have an offer from UT at this point. He is the #141 overall player in the top247 in the class of 2015.

"I have seven offers," said Hentges. "Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Arkansas, Mizzou, and just recently Tennessee."

This summer, Hentges has made visits to Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Wisconsin, Arkansas, and Notre Dame, and has Tennessee next on his schedule. If all goes according to plan, he would like to narrow things down this winter and decide by next spring if possible.

"I'm hoping to eventually narrow it down to maybe three choices or so and then maybe make my decision by next spring," Hentges said.

As he looks ahead to that decision, Hentges says there will be a few key factors that will weigh heavily on his mind.

"I'm looking for a place where my family can come watch me play, a place where they use their tight ends a lot, a place where the coaches really care about their players, and just a really nice atmosphere to play college football and good academics of course too."

-Iowa rivals, 7/27

"2015 tight end Hale Hentges out of Missouri will also be visiting Tennessee this weekend. Hentges already has a number of offers and he's one of just a few tight ends to receive a Tennessee offer thus far in the class of 2015."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
“I really liked everything that they had to offer,” said Hentges, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 141 overall prospect in the 2015 class by 247Sports. “The facilities were great. I met with coach (Mark) Elder, the tight ends coach — he’s also my recruiter — and I really enjoyed talking to him and everything he had to say.

“The practice was great. I thought (head) coach (Butch) Jones did a great job, and I just really loved everything about it.”

“My favorite part was probably, besides talking to Coach Elder, just how nice all the coaches were,” said Hentges[.] “Other than that, the facilities were just crazy — the stadium, just how big it was. I’d never been in a stadium that big. It was really overwhelming.

“I’d say the stadium and the weight room were really impressive.”

“I would say (I like) everything they have to offer academic- and facility-wise, and it’s a great fan base,” he said. “I was eating out at a place, and, like, every other person there was talking about Tennessee football. It was crazy because I had never seen fans that it was just all they talk about. I guess that was a big thing: Everybody wants Tennessee to win and succeed and whatnot.”

Also said that the distance isn't too much of a factor (specifically said that it's "not ideal," but it's "not a deal breaker or anything.") He plans to visit UT this fall for the USCe game. Last, he plans to be done with recruiting by next spring.

Reactions: 2 people
This is going to be a tough pull. TEs have been a focal part of Mizzou's past offensive scheme. Of course there is rumor that Pinkel is going to retire at the end of this season.

This is going to be a tough pull. TEs have been a focal part of Mizzou's past offensive scheme. Of course there is rumor that Pinkel is going to retire at the end of this season.

You forgot the quotation marks around "retire".

"To start off, I was really impressed with the town. It's on the river and that's really cool and I was really impressed with the fans," Hentges said. "Even though it was a month away from football everyone was talking about it and excited and you can tell everyone there is really genuine about football.

"Our relationship is great. He just talks to me about how they're going to have a great team in this year and in a few years because of their recruiting classes and how I could be the next important piece to that people," Hentges offered. "He can see some of the skills in me that he saw in tight ends he coached at Cincinnati and he thinks I can be great like them."

"It's comforting to know it's a place you can rely on they're going to always turn out good tight ends and it really sets you at ease because you know if you go to Tennessee and you start you have a good chance of going to the NFL," he said.

"The biggest thing is are they going to use me as a tight end. Tennessee has proven they will and they are trying out those tight ends and I really want to go to a place I'm going to be used and not just an attached tackle," Hentges said. "I love blocking too, but you've got to do some stuff other that an. Also, academics and I'd like to go to a place where the coaches genuinely care about you."

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
The kid lives within 35 miles of Columbia. He's going to be a Tiger.

Every time this kid's thread gets bumped, I see his name and think of Karl Hungus (who ripped off my hairstyle BTW).

scaled.php

Last edited:
Gotta be honest: I remember some being skeptical of elder coming over and it seems like he is working his rear off and does a great job with recruits.

Reactions: 1 person
247 Sports
Hentges received an early offer from Tennessee in July and visited the Vols for the first time in early August, and he has continued to hear plenty from them over the past several months. Jones and Elder both visited his school during the recent contact period. But Hentges now claims offers from almost 20 teams, including Florida State, Miami, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Stanford and Penn State. Nearby Missouri is believed to be the early favorite.

Hentges dad played at Iowa State, so he is not a sure lock for Missouri. However, the fact that he is 30 minutes from the Mizzou campus is going to make it difficult to take him away from Mizzou.

Just picked up a Florida offer fwiw

Tight end recruiting should be very interesting between Hentges, Clark, and Harris. Especially if we only take one.

Class of 2015 rivals250 big risers

te hale hentges, jefferson city (mo.) helias (from nr to no. 150)
"hentges is one of the country's elite tight ends, and has the potential to climb higher on this list as he runs up against better competition on the camp circuit. What makes him particularly intriguing is his versatility. Hentges' blocking is as far along as his route running. So while a lot of high school tight ends tend to be a bit one-dimensional, hentges is well-rounded." - rob cassidy, rivals.com west recruiting analyst

VN Store

Back