4_1004966.JPG

DeAngelo Holt
Safety
Nashville, TN ( Overton )
Ht: 6-2
Wt: 195
CLASS OF 2015

DeAngelo Holt

I don't believe he has a Rivals or Scout profile at this time.

UT and Ole Miss are the first schools to show interest. He was at camp last weekend, and the coaches were impressed. They are going to continue to evaluate Holt.

“tennessee is one of the first ones to show this much interest in me, and ole miss also,” said holt,

“i think i should have ran a better 40 time,” he said. “i (normally) run a 4.4 40, but i ran a 4.5-flat (last weekend). I feel i should have ran faster. But i think it was just my nerves and me being in my first sec camp. I’ll be better in my next camp i go to.

“coach (butch) jones told me that they think i’m awesome, that i need to just keep my goals and priorities ahead of me because i have a bright future, and that i just need to keep working hard like i am right now. And i’m an athlete, and i’ve just got to keep doing what i do.”

holt said he came away impressed with the vols’ program.

“really, it was the coaches,” he said. “they weren’t too, like, on you, but they were there enough to teach you what you need to know. And the stadium was humongous, and it’s something i could get used to.”

Reactions: 3 people
"Right now Tennessee is one of the first schools to show interest in me and Ole Miss, I talked to coach Harris, a couple of weeks ago and their interested, but mostly UT," Holt said of who he's been hearing from.

Holt recently clocked a 40-yard dash time in the 4.5 range at a Tennessee camp but believe he could do better.

"I think I should have ran faster, but I think it was just nerves with me running at my first SEC camp," Holt explained. "I'll be better my next camp I go to. This was my first one."

"Really, it was the coaches. They weren't too on you, but they were there enough to teach you what you needed to know. The stadium was humongous and that is something I could get used to," Holt said. "Coach Jones told me they think I'm awesome and that I just need to keep my goals and priorities ahead of me because I have a bright future and I just need to keep working hard like I am."

-VQ

Class of 2015 safety prospect DeAngelo Holt vividly recalled every completion he surrendered during the recent Tennessee football camp. No wonder; there were only a couple.

“I only got caught on twice – on a flare and on a deep post,” he said following the workout, “so I had an overall good day. I ran a 4.5 forty, and my shuttle was a 4.5 also. I broad-jumped 10-7. I just had an overall good camp.”

The lanky 6-foot-2, 198-pounder also intercepted a pass during the one-on-one segment. Apparently, Tennessee’s coaches liked what they saw.

“They just told me to keep doing what I’m going and they would be in touch with me,” he said. “They said they’re going to be at my first two games of the season and to make sure I keep my knee healthy.”

Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back