Strong-Side Defensive End
Dorchester, SC (Woodland)
Ht: 6-4
Wt: 245
CLASS OF 2015

Michael Barnett
Michael Barnett - Yahoo! Sports

Picked up a UT offer yesterday.

Rated a 4*, 90 on 247. He has offers from VA Tech, FSU, UF, Clemson, and N.C. State among others. Keith N. on 247 has already predicted him to VA Tech because of an early relationship established with their defensive coaches. However, he thinks Clemson is the main threat at this point.

You'll also notice that 247 has him listed at 6'4", and Rivals has him listed at 6'7".

He doesn't list any favorites and he will likely decide during his senior year. According to Barnett, Florida and Virginia Tech are recruiting him the hardest early on.

While in Gainesville he added a new offer from Tennessee. Barnett didn't have much to say on the latest offer from the Vols. Despite BCS offers he is new relatively new to college football and the recruiting process.

"I didn't have any childhood favorites. I really didn't like football. I was fat. I just laid around everyday," said Barnett. "Three years ago I couldn't see myself in this position."

It appears he has shed his unwanted weight and is track to be a national level recruit.

-Rivals

Really enjoyed our fans, the stadium, and the atmosphere. Really likes how passionate TN fans are.

“I like Tennessee right now and they are moving up on my list after seeing what they have to offer,” he said. “Right now my top two are Virginia Tech and Florida State, but I love the environment here (in Knoxville) and the family vibe.”

Coach G and Coach Strip are his main recruuiters, good bond with both. Taking his time and focusing on his high school team right now.

Scout.com: Visit has Vols 'moving up' Barnett's list

VN Store

Back