VolinArizona

not in Arizona anymore
4_743324.JPG

Running Back
Detroit, MI (Cass Technical)
Ht: 5-10 | Wt: 190
CLASS OF 2015

Michael Weber

Camped at UT. Has an offer. We're behind the Michigan schools and the Corch Urban Meyers for this kid, but he visited and we're his first SEC offer.

Ranked #120 on the top 247. 4* on the composite

4_743324.JPG

Running Back
Detroit, MI (Cass Technical)
Ht: 5-10 | Wt: 190
CLASS OF 2015

Michael Weber

Camped at UT. Has an offer. We're behind the Michigan schools and the Corch Urban Meyers for this kid, but he visited and we're his first SEC offer.

Ranked #120 on the top 247. 4* on the composite

Corch Meyers...I like it

2015 RB Damien Harris just committed to Michigan. They have a small class next year, so that does nothing but help us with Weber.

Reactions: 2 people
“It really is a different breed of football down here,” Weber told InsideTennessee. “Up there it’s just football, but down here it means so much more. There’s a different passion about the sport and I love that.”

“All the coaches here make you feel like family,” Weber said. “They made sure I felt like I was at home.”

“I don’t have a decision or time table right now,” he said. “I’m just taking my process. Tennessee is the top school right now. Wherever I go I want to come in and help the University the best way I can to win and win bowl games.”

“The facility is crazy,” the 5-foot-10, 185-pound back said. “It’s by far one of the best, if not the best one I’ve seen so far. I can really see myself here because it would be a good fit for me. The weight room really stuck out to me.”

-scout

Reactions: 3 people
“I don’t have a decision or time table right now,” he said. “I’m just taking my process. Tennessee is the top school right now. Wherever I go I want to come in and help the University the best way I can to win and win bowl games.”

-scout

tumblr_lkh1cpO11d1qh0epb.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe we should go ahead and offer the DT QB from that same school Jayru Campbell as well. He is a 4 star and holds quite a few offers already. Going in and taking 3 of the top 5 players in the state of Michigan, I'd allow it. :loco:

just talked briefly with detroit (mi) cass tech running back mike weber, who confirmed to me that tennessee is his leader "as of right now".

That makes both 2015 cass tech products (joshua alabi being the other) who have named the volunteers their leader within the last week.

Michigan was almost assuredly the leader until damien harris's commitment to the wolverines on monday, although i'm pretty sure weber is still a take for michigan given they're likely to take no running backs in 2014.

The visit the two took last week has definitely made a strong impression on the two players, and cass tech remains the top football program in the state of michigan; a great spot for coach jones and company to make a mark.

I moved tennessee to "warm" on his player page for the simple fact that i don't believe a decision is imminent at all. they will definitely be a major factor for the duration of his recruitment.

Reactions: 1 person
Get Alabi and Weber as a DT/ RB combo and then Edoga and Griffin as a OL/ RB combo and that is a sick RB class and two major impact linemen

Reactions: 2 people
His many trips to mich st and his HS QB recently committing to them makes me think he's a big time lean to end up a spartan.

The quotes in the article said basically it would be cool to play together but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. He said he would do what's best for him, so I'd say he's pretty open, but that plays a little to their advantage

SKILL ASSESSMENT: Known for his explosiveness with a great start-and-stop ability, Weber presents a good size and speed combination. He is already thought of as one of the top backs in the Midwest in 2015.

STATUS WITH VOLS: After visiting Tennessee this summer Weber has been high on the Vols. Weber keeps in contact with Gillespie often and really seemed to like the atmosphere when he was in town in July.

OTHERS INVOLVED: Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State

-VQ

Cass Tech's major standout was 2015 RB Mike Weber, who scored two touchdowns and had another brought back due to a penalty. While it's unclear if Michigan will have room for him in their class with Damien Harris already on board, Weber told Scout's Josh Newkirk that he's still got U-M under consideration ($):

While Michigan already has a running back Damien Harris committed in its 2015 class, Weber said he’s still looking at U-M as an option and he isn’t afraid of a little competition in Ann Arbor.

“I’ll go compete anywhere,” Weber said. “If I want to go there and it’s a good fit for me, I don’t care how many running backs go there -- I’m going to try to beat them all out.”

Weber visited for the Central Michigan game and enjoyed seeing several of his former high school teammates on the field, per Steve Lorenz ($). Michigan, Michigan State, and Tennessee are the three schools currently standing out for him; there's a large overlap between his top schools and those of 2015 teammate Joshua Alabi, who told Scout's Mike Wilson that he and Weber share a top two ($):

“Me and Mike, we liked Tennessee,” he said. “That’s our number one, but our number two is both Michigan State, so it’s kind of like even. … We were planning on going to Tennessee’s first night game, so whenever that is.”

mgoblog.com

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back