4_928196.jpg

Offensive Guard, Offensive Tackle
Fredericksburg, VA (Chancellor)
Ht: 6-5.75 | Wt: 284
CLASS OF 2015

Matthew Burrell

Matthew Burrell Jr. - Yahoo! Sports

#203 player in 2015, #21 OT

Has offers from Vols, Alabama, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Clemson, Arkansas, Ohio State, the instate schools, and many, many others.

Miami and LSU offered.

"I called coach Grimes and he let me know about the offer," said the 6-foot-4, 286-pound Burrell. "I know LSU got Leonard Fournette this year. He is the number one running back.

"They have a couple of SEC championships and Les Miles has been there for nine years," he said. "They have a good tradition and are a big time team in the SEC. I don't know about a visit right now. We'll have to figure that out.

"UCLA, Florida State and Tennessee have been showing interest," Burrell said. "I'm just lifting and working on my hands. I've been working with Da'Shawn Hand a lot."

-Rivals

Reactions: 1 person
Burrell says that leaving the state for college isn't he will definitely do and that playing for Virginia Tech or Virginia is very much a possibility. With that being said, Burrell has visits planned instate and out of state.

"I'm trying to get down to Tennessee this weekend," he said. "Then I'm going to visit Virginia then Maryland. I talked to George Campbell the other day and he wants me to visit Florida State with him and Chuma Edoga.

Burrell thinks UCLA or USC might be his next offer.

-Rivals

RivalsFriedman: Wed 01:06pm #OSU #Vols #UF #Texas #Michigan are on the way to see #Rivals250 OL Matthew Burrell at Woodbridge (Va.) CD Hylton

Just watched him in OLvDL 1 on 1 clip from The Opening in McKenzie thread - only saw him once... Want.

Last edited:
Wow, that is one hell of an offer list.:good!:

Any word on whether he's made it down to UT or planning to visit this summer/fall?

I read somewhere, yesterday, that Khalil put him on his back yesterday, at the Opening. It's one thing to let a good DT get around you. It's a whole 'nother matter to get completely owned and flung on your back, as an OL.

It's like seeing a turtle on it's back. You know your day is funked when that happens....in front of a national audience.

Attachments

• MHK7IvmFDQ2.gif
    MHK7IvmFDQ2.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,110
Reactions: 2 people
I read somewhere, yesterday, that Khalil put him on his back yesterday, at the Opening. It's one thing to let a good DT get around you. It's a whole 'nother matter to get completely owned and flung on your back, as an OL.

It's like seeing a turtle on it's back. You know your day is funked when that happens....in front of a national audience.

Dat leg drive tho

Bump, Khalil doin work?

Matthew Burr€ll Jr!!*@__Triumphant

Going to give Tennessee and UVA some more attention man, dont want to over look two great programs just because of time!! #VolNation

Reactions: 5 people
Kahlil McKenzie @KM1_Era · 26m

#VolNation tell my man @__Triumphant he needs to come to Rocky Top!!!

Matthew Burr€ll Jr!! @__Triumphant ·

Kahlil McKenzie is by far the best defensive line athlete I have ever been against, even when I loss or won i still felt pushed!!

haha thats the main reason i wanna go !! lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back