'15 GA WR Preston Williams (UT Signee 2/4/15)

I learned so much by opening this thread:no:

Sorry your highness. I am on mobile and it takes a little more effort to make a thread. I will attempt to impress you more in the future :crazy: :)

Reactions: 10 people
It was only a matter of time before Preston Williams (Lovejoy, Ga./Lovejoy) saw his recruitment explode. A pelvic injury caused in the second game caused the 6-4, 185-pound wide receiver to miss the rest of his junior season, but now Williams is making up for lost time.

A state qualifier in the long jump and triple jump, Williams has been very impressive this summer in 7-on-7 events, as well as earning an invite to the Rising Seniors Junior Bowl with a standout performance at the event’s camp in May. Colleges have taken notice as well.

According to Williams, in the last two months, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Marshall, Miami, UNC, Oklahoma State, Old Dominion, Richmond, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech and West Virginia have offered.

Right now, Tennessee leads for Williams, followed by Alabama, Florida State, Arkansas and West Virginia.

Extremely fluid runner for his size and has a sick offer list. Once again UGA has decided to slow play a top athlete from Georgia.

Reactions: 8 people

Extremely fluid runner for his size and has a sick offer list. Once again UGA has decided to slow play a top athlete from Georgia.

Just read the same article on 24/7 and came here. Interesting that we lead for him. Obviously we are WRU, but still its amazing to see the effects of the buzz and excitement around UT right now. Let's hope it stays that way

Here is the only Vid I can find of him:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTYqpZYNttI[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person

slow-lol-zoom.gif

Reactions: 9 people
I always get a little pre boom in my my pants when we take good recruits from UGA's back yard.

You guys way overestimate the power of UGA offers to GA kids.

In case you haven't noticed, Clemson is making UGA their ***** in Georgia this cycle.

Alot of Georgia kids aren't like Alabama kids that jump as soon as they get an in state offer.

Reactions: 3 people
You guys way overestimate the power of UGA offers to GA kids.

In case you haven't noticed, Clemson is making UGA their ***** in Georgia this cycle.

Alot of Georgia kids aren't like Alabama kids that jump as soon as they get an in state offer.
This. To most from the ATL area it's just another offer. Clemson is like 1/3 of the drive Athens is from the ATL and Knoxville isn't too much longer than the Athens drive

Reactions: 1 person
Only reason I mentioned waiting to get excited about being the kids "leader" until we see if uga offers is because uga is listed in his favorites or interests on every site and he does not have an offer from them. To me, that says a uga offer would change things most likely.

Only reason I mentioned waiting to get excited about being the kids "leader" until we see if uga offers is because uga is listed in his favorites or interests on every site and he does not have an offer from them. To me, that says a uga offer would change things most likely.

I wasn't trying to flame LV, just saying UGA isn't close to owning their state like Alabama, Mississippi, S Carolina, and Louisiana. I would say Florida but there's just so much talent to choose from that its hard to lock down.

This. To most from the ATL area it's just another offer. Clemson is like 1/3 of the drive Athens is from the ATL and Knoxville isn't too much longer than the Athens drive

Lol. Clemson is thirty minutes FURTHER from Atlanta to Athens. You can be in Athens in 45 minutes from Gwinnett. Knoxville is 3+ hours.

Lol. Clemson is thirty minutes FURTHER from Atlanta to Athens. You can be in Athens in 45 minutes from Gwinnett. Knoxville is 3+ hours.
Depends on what part of the ATL area your from I guess. If your in the perimeter it's about the same and if your not in the perimeter it depends on what cardinal direction your from. I'm 45 mins to an hour from the ATL in the opposite direction and I just looked and it said 2:58 trip and obviously I could make that a lot quicker. My trip to Knox for the open practice said over 3 hrs and we got there in 2:15. My point though is what your saying is more accurate than what I thought but neither of our original statements is correct.

Athens is closer than Clemson for pretty much any part of Atlanta unless you are way up on 85. If you are that far up, then you aren't in Atlanta. My brother lived in Atlanta while I was at UT, and I made that drive many times. It can take a little less than 3 for the northwest suburbs but just depends on where you are going. But I agree that Clemson is basically like another instate school. It also has a small time feel that some may enjoy.

I wasn't trying to flame LV, just saying UGA isn't close to owning their state like Alabama, Mississippi, S Carolina, and Louisiana. I would say Florida but there's just so much talent to choose from that its hard to lock down.

Same with Georgia. So much talent down there.

Georgia is also unique because Atlanta is still relatively a young city. Gwinnett County was the fastest growing county in the country in the mid to late 90's. Because it had such an influx of different people, loyalties are for many different schools. There aren't as many people who actually grew up in Atlanta. My guess is if you wait another generation, you might have more loyalty to the Atlanta area and Georgia teams.

VN Store

Back