Cornerback
Nashville, TN (Overton)
Ht: 5-9
Wt: 176
CLASS OF 2015

Ugo Amadi
Ugo Amadi - Yahoo! Sports

Picked up a UT offer today

He's supposed to be one of the state's top 2015 prospects, and he picked up the offer, when his coach was called by Coach Thig, while on his way to UGA's Dawg Night (his HS coach called him to tell him the news).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
“It’s very exciting, because all this hard work and training I’ve been doing with my In Full Motion guys — Tyler Black and A.J. (Morris) and Emmanuel Smith — has really paid off. We work out every day, and everybody’s just pushing each other, trying to reach our goal,” said Amadi, who’s entering his second season as a starter at Overton.

“I was surprised for (the offer) to come this early, because I was expecting for it to come after my junior year. But I was very excited that it came this early.”

“I liked Ohio State, Vandy and UT, but I never had a favorite,” he said. “I think they have a good program. There’s a lot of good players coming up that have committed to UT, so I think they’re going to do very well and everything’s going to upgrade and start to build up.”

“I’m going to wait ‘til the time is right — like, my senior year. I’m not going to make any early commitments,” said Amadi, who also started at quarterback last year for Overton. “I just want to keep everything open. I don’t want to rush into anything, making sure I make the right decision.”

Also, we are his first offer. He has been to only Vandy, is hitting UGA today, and plans to hit UK and MTSU in the near future.

Been watching this kid since he was playing pee-wee ball. Grew up and played baseball with his bro for years now we attend MTSU together. Family full of athletes but Ugo is definitely the most talented. Kid is a flat out playmaker, with the ball in his hands or on D. Hope he lands on Rocky Top

Reactions: 3 people
Wow. How many instate offers are we up to for 2015? Looks like it's going to be another loaded year in Tennessee. Butch locking down the state.

Volume in our offers seem to be the modus operandi...I love that Butch is establishing relationships with these kids so early...will be influential in their post shaving decisions...light humor at the end there
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wow. How many instate offers are we up to for 2015? Looks like it's going to be another loaded year in Tennessee. Butch locking down the state.

It's Metro Nashville man. Place has grown so much in the past 15-20 years, and it's not finished growing. The growth is showing with the number of elite athletes coming from there.

It's Metro Nashville man. Place has grown so much in the past 15-20 years, and it's not finished growing. The growth is showing with the number of elite athletes coming from there.
I completely agree. I lived in Franklin from when I was born and we moved to Texas when I was 7 in 2000. Every time I come back the growth is unbelievable. I have faith that Butch will own that area.

We are at 14 TN offers including the 4 offensive players that are committed.

Rivals250 Underclassman Challenge

"Maybe most impressive, though, was Ugo Amadi. A defensive back from Nashville, Amadi made multiple interceptions during one-on-one drills and showcased the kind of quickness and closing speed BCS coaches hunt for. Amadi made as many impressive plays as any skill player at the camp."

VolQuest.com - Underclassmen Challenge: What We Learned

In the next couple years we will have an all TN secondary plus we will have Payne and Mccdowell. I love it we need more TN blood on our roster and Butch is doing it.

"They called my high school coach and then he got me on the phone," Amadi said. "It was great because it showed me that all the hard work is starting to pay off."

The 5-foot-10, 180-pounder who gained notice this spring for his work in a scrimmage against Maplewood, started working out with Nashville-area high school assistant coach Cedric Wilson, former Vol Buck Fitzgerald and the rest of the staff at Playmakers Academy and began to take off.

Amadi then shined at the Rivals event near Dallas earlier this month, drawing praise from event staff as among the most consistent playmakers at the event. Amadi notched multiple interceptions there, and he's shown a willingness to play with physicality at the line in addition to having the longer wingspan that can be a key asset for a cornerback.

But the versatile Amadi will play quarterback, among various duties, for Overton.

"My coach asked me to play quarterback," Amadi said. "I've always played corner, but when your coach asks you to play quarterback it's real motivating. It means he believes in you and sees you as a leader and someone who can be in control each play on the field."

-VQ

I would think we would be in good position with influences like Wilson and BF. Interesting that Wilson is in Nashville- that is a whole other story.

VN Store

Back