'15 GA OLB Quarte Sapp (UT Signee 2/4/15)

""I called [running backs] Coach Robert Gillespie after getting the info from my coach regarding the offer," Sapp said. "I'm really pumped."

"He (Gillespie) gave me compliments regarding my film, my grades and my work ethic," Sapp said. "I told him I'm focused on improving all of the above during my junior year."

"He (Gillespie) was really cool," Sapp said. "I told him that I had planned to come to camp so the timing of the offer was really surprising."

-Woody Wommack

Reactions: 2 people
Per Uzzi on VQ.

"On the smaller side but plays hard and fast. Don't really know a whole lot about him so far. Milton kids work out like a small college, very organized. He will be a stud."

Anything going on with Sapp and UT?

Yes, Tennessee offered this summer and I believe Gillespie stopped by his school in the fall or someone has already since the open period. There is mutual interest from both parties there.

-Fortenberry

Alpharetta, Ga., outside linebacker Quarte Sapp has been going up against some of the best the Peach State has to offer all week in preparation for today's AT&T Junior Bowl in Atlanta.

"It reminds me a lot of playing in our district," Sapp said. "There are so many good players out here it can only make you better to go up against this competition. It just shows me that I have to continue working hard because no matter how good you think you are, others are always pushing to pass you up." "I'm looking for a balance really," Sapp said. "I want a place with good academics, but I also want a place that is playing at a high level and that competes for championships."

In the mix is Tennessee and the Vols have asserted themselves thanks to running backs coach Robert Gillespie. "He believed me from the beginning," Sapp said. "He is a laid back guy. I've not seen him coaching up close, but he has been completely honest with me. He keeps it real and that means a lot to me."

"I was looking to commit on my birthday on March 6th," Sapp said. "After this, I want to see if any other offers come from playing in this game. I'd like to take a few more visits and see what others have to offer."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Is this guy a for sure take?

I'm guessing we take 3-4 LBs in the '15 cycle.

Cherry is already in the fold. Then we have guys like DeBerry, Josh McMillon, Roquan Smith, Jahvoni Simmons, Josh Smith, and possibly Brant Mitchell.

Is this guy a for sure take?

I'm guessing we take 3-4 LBs in the '15 cycle.

Cherry is already in the fold. Then we have guys like DeBerry, Josh McMillon, Roquan Smith, Jahvoni Simmons, Josh Smith, and possibly Brant Mitchell.
If we don't get Emmanuel I would scratch Josh off as an option, also DeBerry is a DE IMO.

I hope we land McMillon and either or both of Mitchell and Anderson, and then if an elite guy wants in you let him. JMO

If we don't get Emmanuel I would scratch Josh off as an option, also DeBerry is a DE IMO.

I hope we land McMillon and either or both of Mitchell and Anderson, and then if an elite guy wants in you let him. JMO

I wouldn't count out Josh Smith, especially if/when Franklin leaves. There is literally no recruiting appeal at Vandy outside of Franklin.

Franklin leaves Vandy early next week and Tennessee absolutely cleans up in-state next year.

Richmond
McGraw
Smith
Phillips
Jones
Stewart
Amadi
Jennings

Pass on Mitchell, McMillon, Jefferson, Ordway and Jackson.

VN Store

Back