'15 FL ATH Kaleel Gaines

Teammates with Cherry. Hopefully that will help us with him.

Last edited:
247 doesn't list one, but there is a tweet saying tOSU has offered. He also holds a Miami offer.

His brother is a QB in the class of 2016 if someone can make a thread, Xavier Gaines.

Am I the only one really excited about the 15 class, it may not be as impressive due to the legacys. But I have a feeling we land alot more big rated guys, with our current recruiting momentum and if we make it to bowl and win bowl that will instill faith in recruits, I'm excited about the possibilities of the 15class

Am I the only one really excited about the 15 class, it may not be as impressive due to the legacys. But I have a feeling we land alot more big rated guys, with our current recruiting momentum and if we make it to bowl and win bowl that will instill faith in recruits, I'm excited about the possibilities of the 15class

I'm too excited about the '14 class right now to be looking ahead to '15 already. But as soon as signing day comes I'll jump right into the next one. The best part about recruiting is that it never ends. There's always something to keep you interested/excited and we've always got something to talk about on VN.

Junior athlete Kaleel Gaines and his younger brother, 2016 quarterback Xavier Gaines, both of whom are cousins of Cherry, have proven to be top talents worthy of offers.

Even though they were both called back, Kaleel Gaines had two punt returns for touchdowns.

"It was very frustrating," Kaleel Gaines said. "It was good, but it could have been better. It was a blowout and our second string got to play early."

"One of my teammates, Cecil Cherry, is committed to them and he tries to get me committed to them. He told me it's a great place and I need to come up there," Gaines said.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 3 people
Currently holds offers from: UT, AU, Miami, Louisville, Notre Dame, tOSU, and Wisconsin among others.

Junior athlete Kaleel Gaines and his younger brother, 2016 quarterback Xavier Gaines, both of whom are cousins of Cherry, have proven to be top talents worthy of offers.

Even though they were both called back, Kaleel Gaines had two punt returns for touchdowns.

"It was very frustrating," Kaleel Gaines said. "It was good, but it could have been better. It was a blowout and our second string got to play early."

"One of my teammates, Cecil Cherry, is committed to them and he tries to get me committed to them. He told me it's a great place and I need to come up there," Gaines said.

-Fortenberry

Nice to hear that Cecil "The Diesel" Cherry is recruiting for UT. Maybe that will assuage the folks worried about his commitment?!

Although that is a good nickname, Cecil Cherry is too badass of a name in itself to add anything to it.

I agree but there was a tweet or story that mentioned people in his school already call him "diesel". That was why I included it.

Brothers Xavier Gaines as 2016 prospect and 2015 athlete Kaleel Gaines from Frostproof, Fla. were in Knoxville on Saturday. For the younger athlete Xavier, the visit was surprising to him.

"I thought it was good. I liked the competition and I learned a lot. I want to get back up here to see a couple of games. I enjoyed myself. "It was way better than I thought it would be. I wasn't expecting the facilities to be so nice and the people here. The town is all about football here and I really wasn't expecting that."

As for older brother Kaleel, Tennessee felt like a good fit for him. "I fell in love with it," Kaleel offered. "I love the atmosphere around here. It's a good fit for me. They want me to get back up here and see them play this fall." "Playing time is the most important thing to me and a place that feels like home."

Next month the duo who have already seen Florida State, Florida, and Central Florida over the last year plan to make a trip to see Alabama and Auburn. In the meantime, they will continue to get the Tennessee recruiting pitch from linebacker, cousin and Vol commitment Cecil Cherry. "He shows me videos about Tennessee every day," Kaleel Gaines said.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back