'15 VA OT Austin Clark

“When I was growing up I was kinda a Tennessee fan, and that was always in the back of mind as a place that I want to go.. (When I first got the offer) It was really exciting especially after going back to Neyland Stadium;it brought back memories of when I was a kid when we went to a couple of games...But like I said I want to keep everything open; I don't want to close off all my options.”*

“I am really open right now, distance isn't a big deal for me because I can pick up the phone and see how everyone is doing,” he said. “So distance is not a big problem, but it is nice to pack up one weekend and go home. Like*Tennessee*that is only about 4 hours away, so I don't consider that to be too far away. “*

-scout

Will be here this weekend. If he has a good visit we could be leading for this kid after the weekend.

Reactions: 7 people
“I would say Penn State and Tennessee are recruiting me the hardest.”

“I felt more at home at Tennessee and Penn State,” he said.

Tennessee:*“Growing up, I was always kind of a Tennessee fan and my Dad’s a big Tennessee fan. That wasn't the first time I had been to Knoxville. So, I kind of felt a little nostalgic. Plus, their coaching staff really made me feel welcome.”

“I’m definitely going to go to Penn State for a game or two,” he said. “I’m also definitely going to try to see some games at Tennessee and UVa.”

-scout

Reactions: 4 people
Seems to shoehorn in Penn State a lot :ermm:

I would think we are only taking 1 more OL guy for 2015. Richmond would probably be #1, but I would not be shocked to see the spot to go quickly.

I take it he's not a relative of Austin Clark that played basketball at UT under Ray Mears in the mid-seventies? Pretty sure he would of alluded to it!?!

Last edited:
Will see Rockbridge in a few weeks. Even though orange is not one of our colors...I will make sure I am wearing some. Also, our OC is from out that way, I will see if he knows the family.

Reactions: 2 people
I think they take at least 2 more OLine in the '15 class. If Clark and Richmond want to jump on board they take both for sure. It looks like they are all going to be legit 4* guys as well. I think Zach Stewart especially is going to be an elite prospect once he starts hitting up camps. He moves so well for someone of his size.

Reactions: 3 people
I think they take at least 2 more OLine in the '15 class. If Clark and Richmond want to jump on board they take both for sure. It looks like they are all going to be legit 4* guys as well. I think Zach Stewart especially is going to be an elite prospect once he starts hitting up camps. He moves so well for someone of his size.
I know he's been to at least two camps and has won 2 OL MVPs and 1 overal MVP. Talking about Z-Stew btw

Reactions: 1 person
Seeing a Game in Peen state is about an 8. Seeing a game in Neyland is a 10.
I sat near the student section at Peen State, they are nutty.. I sat IN the student section at UT & it is not rivaled .
I think he will be a Vol.

I know he's been to at least two camps and has won 2 OL MVPs and 1 overal MVP. Talking about Z-Stew btw

That doesn't surprise me at all. The guy just looks like a potential elite prospect to me. And I know the competition he faces isn't the best but you can still see the guy has great feet and is unbelievably agile for his size.

That doesn't surprise me at all. The guy just looks like a potential elite prospect to me. And I know the competition he faces isn't the best but you can still see the guy has great feet and is unbelievably agile for his size.
Agreed. He should easily be a medium-high 4*. I know rankings don't matter though. Glad he's a Vol

Seeing a Game in Peen state is about an 8. Seeing a game in Neyland is a 10.
I sat near the student section at Peen State, they are nutty.. I sat IN the student section at UT & it is not rivaled .
I think he will be a Vol.

I hate Penn State. But this is just wrong. There are few student sections in the whole country on par with them.

"i went to tennessee this past sunday. It was a good time spending time with the coaches and the other recruits that were there.

"i spent time with the offensive line coach, coach (don) mahoney as well as the defensive line coach, coach (steve) stripling.

"coach mahoney told me that i was exactly the type of offensive lineman they're looking for at tennessee. That made me feel great."

"i'm wide open to all schools right now but the schools that i feel are recruiting me the hardest are uva, virginia tech, penn state, and tennessee.

"i'm looking forward to checking out games at all four schools this fall."

I hate Penn State. But this is just wrong. There are few student sections in the whole country on par with them.

He was saying the UT student section was better than Penn State. Saying it was unrivaled.

He was saying the UT student section was better than Penn State. Saying it was unrivaled.

You could never visit either stadiums and you could tell just from the tv that they aren't comparable.

I take it he's not a relative of Austin Clark that played basketball at UT under Ray Mears in the mid-seventies? Pretty sure he would of alluded to it!?!

I am a relative of Austin and unfortunately this kid isn't related. Bring him into the family Butch.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back