Warren Easton Senior
View Map
Ht:6'2"
Wt:180 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Tyron Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

Tyron Johnson

Tyron Billy- Johnson 2012 Highlights - YouTube

This kid trains with former Vol JJ McClesky and he's hoping for a Vol offer and will likely get one soon per Carlos Younger.

#1 player in Louisiana, #3 WR and #23 nationally per 247.

Last edited:
hoping for a Vol offer as in... he wants to go to UT and would commit on the spot?

Oh I doubt that. The kid looks to be one of the most heavily recruited WR's next cycle and he's from Louisiana, doubt he goes anywhere but LSU. But I don't know his story, maybe he's not from LA originally or is looking to go to WRU :)

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty sure he can't play DT... but how about LB?

Or maybe he knows someone that plays those positions and can put in a good word for us.

Yeah I noticed. Suppose we should be thankful about being in on so many good WR. Just ready to see some production on the other side.

Disregard that outburst and carry on about Johnson.

In the class of '15 we have a DE and LB commit.. which is more than the WRs we have committed in that class.

Tyron Johnson ‏@_TBJ13 15m
Next visit Tennessee!

Tyron Johnson ‏@_TBJ13 4m
Looking forward to visit Tennessee!🆚📴🈺

Reactions: 5 people
La. is very rich in 2014 and 2015 classes with WRs. TJ is the best WR prospect for 2015 in the State, if not the best player overall.

It will be interesting to see how the 2014 class does and whether that effects anyone in the 2015 class for LSU.

I would say there are 7-9 WRs in the 2015 La class that can play SEC ball with 4 of them being able to play virtually anywhere they want.

Mike Farrell with a video interview at the New Orleans Rivals Camp Series Event...Johnson said he doesn't have a top list but mentioned he likes LSU, UT, A&M, USC and UF. Talked about being at LSU for their recent junior day, said Miles is a straight shooter and he likes him. His only visits planned are to UT on March 8th and to UF at some point this spring (he couldn't remember the date). Said he's talked to a couple UT coaches and really wants to build that relationship more, he's looking forward to visiting UT. Seemed like a real calm and cool kid, very laid back.

Wow sounds like we're in it for this kid. Fortenberry put up the link on VQ and said Gillespie is doing work down in Louisiana.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Hope he makes it up for a visit. He spoke differently about LSU than all the other schools. I'm guessing they are the favorite right now.

Made a crazy catch at Rivals Camp

@RivalsCamp: #Rivals100 WR Tyron Johnson makes a ridiculous 1-handed catch in 1v1s #RivalsCamp #CircusCatch (VIDEO) Instagram

RCS New Orleans: Top Performers -Offense

1. WR TYRON JOHNSON, NEW ORLEANS WARREN EASTON SENIOR
Nobody was as consistently great as Johnson all afternoon. He made one outstanding grab during one-on-one drills and won most other reps by such a large margin that there were no need for theatrics. Few defensive backs at the event had the speed to stay with Johnson, as he didn't rely on double moves to get open. The variety of routes he ran to perfection were as impressive as his athleticism.

-Rivals

VN Store

Back