View Map
Ht:6'3"
Wt:180 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

VAN-JEFFERSON_8_14_150.JPG

Van Jefferson - Yahoo! Sports
Van Jefferson
Van Jefferson - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Van is the son of former NFL player and current Tennessee Titans wide receiver coach Shawn Jefferson. Offers from PSU and Vandy, will be trying to get down to Tennessee for a camp. Does not hold an offer, but he is a name to keep an eye on.

Reactions: 1 person
Ravenwood is a up and coming school in Nashville area.

Ravenwood is big school with a lot of good athletes. They have excellent sports programs. They've actually been down in football here recently after having won a 5A state championship in 2005 against Oak Ridge and finishing runner-up to Smyna in 2007. That Smyna team featured former Vandy baseball star Sonny Gray and our very own legend Rod Wilkes.

They're in the same district as my alumni Franklin. They are a good up and coming program.

Oak Ridge never beats Maryville (except in their dreams) Now OR is sliding down to 5A so they won't be playing them anymore. I believe Maryville went 6-0 in 4 yrs vs them after their fans mouthed off about how Mville wouldn't be able to keep up in 6A !

Sorry, got off track there.....just couldn't resist the "in your face Oak Ridge!" Jefferson has a great WR body & the bloodlines. Are Penn St & Vandy his only offers?

"Look for the 2015 class in the Midstate to once again be represented well at camp this weekend for the Vols and a few new names are beginning to emerge. Van Jefferson, son of Tennessee Titans wide receivers coach and 13-yearl NFL veteran Shawn Jefferson, is beginning to emerge as a legit SEC target out of Ravenwood High School in Brentwood and could pick up an offer this weekend during the camp.

The 6-foot-2 receiver has camped at both Penn State and Vanderbilt this summer and has picked up an offer from both schools.

-VQ

We are now starting to see the effect of having the Titans in Tennessee. Mike Jones played at UT a few years ago and now we see Jefferson and Chris Sanders's son coming up next year. There will be many more over the next several years. There os nothing like getting strong blood lines in your program and you start having several legacy classes.

Yep, it was bound to happen. Titans have definitely played a role in upgrading HS football in the Nashville area. The talent in the area is really starting to take off.

John Brice @John_BriceVQ
Hearing '15 wr Van Jefferson of Nashville's Ravenwood picked up a #Vols offer today, his third alongside Penn St and Vandy.

Earned--where else?--at camp.

"It was good. I got an offer from them so I was excited about that. I love Tennessee and I'm very high on them. It was a great camp," Jefferson said.

The reason for the move from Michigan to the Nashville area was because his father, Shawn Jefferson, went from coaching receivers for the Detroit Lions to coaching receivers for the Tennessee Titans.

"The wide receivers coach. I love him. He's a great coach. I love to play for him," Jefferson said. "I'd love to play for him. He taught me a lot (Friday) so I can take that and use it in the season coming up."

"I'll definitely be looking into Tennessee a lot, it's a good situation for me," Jefferson said. "I'd go to go college anywhere I just want to find the best situation for me. It really doesn't matter. I just really want to play for a coach I can trust. That's the biggest thing for me," Jefferson said.

- VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Oak Ridge never beats Maryville (except in their dreams) Now OR is sliding down to 5A so they won't be playing them anymore. I believe Maryville went 6-0 in 4 yrs vs them after their fans mouthed off about how Mville wouldn't be able to keep up in 6A !

Sorry, got off track there.....just couldn't resist the "in your face Oak Ridge!" Jefferson has a great WR body & the bloodlines. Are Penn St & Vandy his only offers?

Oak Ridge going down to 5A? That's the first I've heard of that. Not saying it isn't happening, that would just blow my mind. That school is huge.

“I kind of expected (the offer). But on the other (hand), I was kind of surprised by it,” the younger Jefferson said.

“I was just excited to get the offer.”

“I came up there for a spring practice, and I was there with my dad,” he said. “We took a tour of the facility and stuff like that. The first time I went there, it was very impressive. I loved the whole school and everything. I love everything about Tennessee, so it definitely was a plus.”

“Detroit was probably the place I grew up the most,” he said. “We were there for nine years, so that was pretty much where I grew up the most. But that really doesn’t have a part in my decision. I will go anywhere. Tennessee is very high on my list. I’m really high on them. There’s pretty much nowhere I won’t go. If it was California, I would go out to California. It really doesn’t matter.”

He spoke very highly of Jones and especially Azzanni.

He said that he wants to get to Clemson, Arkansas, and Penn State in the future. He will also come to UT for a game and go to Vandy for a game. He spoke highly of both Clemson and Arkansas.

VN Store

Back