Fort Lauderdale, FL (American Heritage)
Ht: 6-4
Wt: 195
CLASS OF 2015

Torrance Gibson
Torrance Gibson - Yahoo! Sports

Torrance Gibson, QB, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage
New Ranking- No. 106 overall
Notes- The 6-foot-4, 195-pound Gibson is not only one of the most impressive athletes in the Sunshine State in 2015, but is on his way to emerging as a top dual-threat quarterback prospect. The jack-of-all-trades in 2012 has offers from Miami, Notre Dame, Nebraska, North Carolina and a growing list of others and made his debut in the Top247.

Reactions: 17 people
4_931226.jpg

Torrance Gibson
Dual-Threat Quarterback
Fort Lauderdale, FL (American Heritage)
Ht: 6-4
Wt: 195
CLASS OF 2015

Torrance Gibson
Torrance Gibson - Yahoo! Sports

Told a few college coaches last year (Spring 2012) about this kid NON listened to me and look where he is now. He had ZERO offers about him at the time I was telling the coaches. Not sure why UT hasn't offer yet, the kid is a STUD!

Reactions: 1 person
Told a few college coaches last year (Spring 2012) about this kid NON listened to me and look where he is now. He had ZERO offers about him at the time I was telling the coaches. Not sure why UT hasn't offer yet, the kid is a STUD!

I'm sure those coaches are kicking themselves right about now.

Reactions: 2 people
Gibson was bumped 90 spots in 247's new 2015 player rankings. He's now the #16 overall player and is rated a 98, 5*.

Really want this kid. It would be a huge get for butch. To be able to land 5* DT QB, another thing we need to start doing is beating other top programs for 5* DL/OL. This is the QB I want!!!!! But if not him Id like Stidham. It's gonna be tough to win this guy over FSU and Miami, with the way Winston and Morris are playing. But if anyone can do it butch can!

in scouting recently-minted class of 2015 dual-threat quarterback torrance gibson (fort lauderdale, fla./american heritage) on friday night, he’s just scratching the surface of his immense upside at the position. We’ve seen lefty quarterbacks with 4.4 speed like pat white and michael vick have tremendous success on the college level. Still, both were only 6-foot in height. Gibson is all of 6-foot-4, a rarity for lefty quarterback with that explosive speed. 

gibson, who plays wide receiver in the summer on the 7-on-7 circuit, could have an even bigger upside at that position given his size and speed. The 2015 recruit prefers quarterback at this stage and wants to be recruited at that position. Gibson mentioned ohio state and miami as his top two following friday’s 26-22 win over miami (fla.) jackson at curtis park. According to contacts familiar to his recruitment, the hometown hurricanes, who have recruited him since the 8th grade, have a slight edge. However an upcoming spring visit to ohio state and the appeal of the dual-threat quarterback success from the likes of troy smith, terrelle pryor and braxton miller in columbus has major appeal for the five-star quarterback.

"Tennessee OC Mike Bajakian just arrived here at Orlando's Citrus Bowl sporting an orange Vols jacket getting set to watch the Florida High School Athletic Association 5A state title game. 2015 five-star dual-threat QB Torrance Gibson the main reason."

-Luke Stampini

SN: I retract my statement about Bajakian being one of the weak recruiters on this staff. He's literally been all across the country in the last 10 days.

Reactions: 7 people
"First offensive play Gibson keeps a read option 78 yards for a TD."

"Pretty sure Tommy Thigpen arrived next to Bajakian. I'll get down to the field to double check later."

-Luke Stampini

Be patient Mr. Gibson...

kid loves him some Urbz. Heavy tOSU lean early. With Uf returning to spread hope we throw everything at kid...hoes $$ tatts and tutors j/k no 4reals lol
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"Gibson said he has been in contact with Tennessee since getting an offer from the Vols several months ago. He said Bajakian also visited his school last week, and it was “great” to see him on the field Friday at his game. “He just said I’m the only quarterback he recruits until I tell him otherwise,” Gibson said. “It’s just great. I’m thankful to just be in this place right now.” -247

"Gibson said he has been in contact with Tennessee since getting an offer from the Vols several months ago. He said Bajakian also visited his school last week, and it was “great” to see him on the field Friday at his game. “He just said I’m the only quarterback he recruits until I tell him otherwise,” Gibson said. “It’s just great. I’m thankful to just be in this place right now.” -247

Jake spittin' a little crootin' game, I see.

Uggggghhhh, every year I like to choose a favorite qb prospect for us to go after. This year, I don't have any clue who to like the most!

I think Gibson and Stidham are probably my fav two though.... I think.

Uggggghhhh, every year I like to choose a favorite qb prospect for us to go after. This year, I don't have any clue who to like the most!

I think Gibson and Stidham are probably my fav two though.... I think.

I'm with ya man. Most years there is always that 1 guy that you want really really bad. 2015 on the other hand, there is just a ton. You got Stidham, all those guys on the west coast, Queen, the guy from Missouri, and Gibson. I have no idea who to choose from. Originally I felt like we would go all out for Stidham but now I'm feeling like we go all out for Gibson. That's going to be a really tough pull though. Would be epic if we pulled it off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back