Wt:179 lbs
40:4.5 secs
Bench Max:260
Class:2015 (High School)

Mark Fields - Yahoo! Sports

Mark Fields

Mark Fields - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Another recruiting name from today

Defensive back Mark Fields out of North Carolina got his first offer on Sunday from N.C. State. He's apparently putting in work today at UT as well and we wouldn't be surprised to see him with an Vols offer very soon. He's the son of Mark Fields Sr., who spent a decade in the NFL.

Apparently the younger Fields may have really turned heads today with a sub-4.4 40 time.

-John Brice

To follow up on John's post about Fields, the Vols have offered him today. He's someone that is likely on the verge of blowing up as he camps around the South this summer.

-Fortenberry

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Wow cool. His dad played at Wazzou State? If so its another "legacy" (not at UT) like Zeus that we can hopefully make an impression on.

I think he was simply stating that he's a legacy in general football terms because his Dad played college ball not specifically to UT
This. The true definition of legacy doesn't necessarily mean going to the same school as your parent in my books. There's a difference between being a legacy and being a UT legacy, obviously.

"The 5-foot-10.5, 183-pound Fields said he ran a 4.32-second 40-yard dash at both camps. He's the son of former NFL linebacker Mark Fields Sr." - Ryan Callahan, 247

2......??!
Damn I WANT him! That's so fast I'm not even going to throw in the "No Homo"

Wonder where we stand on his interest level would be a huge get with his speed

“I loved it, man,” Fields said. “All this hard work is finally paying off, and I’m just really appreciating it. This was my first time (at Tennessee). I loved it, man. The campus is probably the best one I’ve seen — the facilities, everything. Love it.”

“I wouldn’t consider myself a big guy, so just being physical with the receivers, and then my feet,” said Fields, who’s also drawing early interest from Alabama, South Carolina, Mississippi State, North Carolina and Georgia. “I train all the time, so this is what I’ve been waiting for.”

“The turf field, man, that thing is nice. I love it (at Tennessee),” he said. “July 21st, I’ll be there. I’ll come out with my mom and talk to the coaches.”

“I want my mom to be able to come and see my games,” he said. “I’ve got a little brother and a little sister, so I want them to come see me play.”

He said he plans to make at least two more visits in the coming weeks.

“I have Clemson on Thursday, and that’s it for now,” said Fields, who plays cornerback and safety at Hough but believes he’s being recruited by most teams as a cornerback. “My high-school team has team camp at Alabama, so that will be my last one.”

His dad played for Washinton St., so don't look for that to be a big factor here. Also, the 40 he ran was hand-timed. He was also clocked in the 4.3's at NC State's camp, and that was also hand-timed. I'm not doubting his speed at all, I just want people to take into consideration that these 40's are not electronically timed, which leaves room for error.

Reactions: 1 person
Also, the 40 he ran was hand-timed. I just want people to take into consideration that these 40's are not electronically timed, which leaves room for error.

This is true for about 90% of all 40 times. Not sure people will ever start catching on to this.

This is true for about 90% of all 40 times. Not sure people will ever start catching on to this.

Some of the 40 times reported to Rivals/247 are electronically timed as some of the camps now laser-time the participants. But, for the most part, when the player's profiles are created, the 40s reported were hand-timed, and they don't get updated.

Sounds like he's very high on us. I like the size/speed combo. Can anyone speak on his coverage abilities/ball skills?

Sounds like he's very high on us. I like the size/speed combo. Can anyone speak on his coverage abilities/ball skills?

He did well enough at the camp to earn an offer, so I think that's all we need to know for a kid who just completed his sophomore year of high school. P. Fort expects his stock to rise as he goes through more camps this summer, so needless to say, really, he's got some skills.

He did well enough at the camp to earn an offer, so I think that's all we need to know for a kid who just completed his sophomore year of high school. P. Fort expects his stock to rise as he goes through more camps this summer, so needless to say, really, he's got some skills.

True enough, was just hoping for some anecdotes of him shutting down some guys with big D1 offers.

Fields listed a Top 3 in order of Clemson, South Carolina and Alabama to Tigerillustrated.com earlier in the week.

How does it stack up now?

"Tennessee, Clemson, and then South Carolina," Fields listed in order.

What Pushed the Volunteers over the top?

"I just fell in love with (defensive backs) coach (Willie) Martinez up there," Fields said. "Their facilities are real nice too."

-Clemson rivals

Hopefully we stay his leader until he signs his LOI. Sounds like this kid is going to be an elite recruit.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back