'14 JUCO LB Chris Weatherd (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
1766451_f607cc1aa643481eab918ce0492625cb.jpg

Outside linebacker
Athens, Texas
Trinity Valley C.C.
View Map
Ht:6'4"
Wt:225 lbs
Class:2014 (Junior College - Dec Grad)

Chris Weatherd - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Chris Weatherd - Yahoo! Sports

Vols offered.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, I can see what trends Butch is slowing. He wants good sized bodies.

Just caught up with Weatherd. He's at Trinity Valley CC and has been in touch with John Jancek since Jancek was at Cincinnati. Weatherd said the Vols have offered, along with several other schools, and he says he wants to commit to Tennessee and Jancek when he meets him in person.

He's not sure when that meeting will take place. So, I wouldn't call him commitment as it seems Tennessee wants to meet with him in person before they do anything, but after talking to him he's very high on the Vols.

He played linebacker last year at Trinity Valley and moved to defensive end this spring. The Vols like him at linebacker.

I'm asking around to see where he's at on the Vols' board. I'll see what else I can find out.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 3 people
Video shows he has great quickness and speed. I hope he is a quick as his video shows him to be.

It says Tennessee along with other schools have offered, but I don't see what other schools have offered based off yahoo link. Does anyone else know what other schools offered?

Click "show all" under Tennessee on his rivals page.

Judging by his Hudl film, which consists of about 4 plays, he looks athletic and wraps up well. Good pursuit to the football. He would be a nice addition to the squad in my opinion. Does he have 3 years to play 3?

Says he Committed - already. Boom?

"He's not an official commitment. Jancek is going out there this week to check on him and make sure his academics are in order and they want to see him in person before they officially give him a commitable offer.

We talked to him earlier and he told us he wants to commit when Jancek comes out there. We'll obviously be following this throughout the week."

- Fortenberry

VN Store

Back