not in Arizona anymore
4_840592.jpg

Defensive Tackle
Albany, GA (Westover)
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 275
CLASS OF 2015

Trenton Thompson

Vols offered yesterday, per 247.

#7 overall prospect for 2015 and #1 DT prospect. Has offers from Georgia, Florida State, Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Florida, and Clemson.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
“it is getting real crazy, i got (offers from) south florida and tennessee today,” he said. "i have heard a lot about tennessee, that they have built a new facility. So me and my coach are going up there on june 12th to get a better look.”

“they are now my no. 2," he said. "my mom said they are no. 2 now and florida state is now no. 1. The fsu coaches were talking to my mom about academics, and they were talking about some good stuff to her. She really liked it.”

“i am going to georgia, florida, florida state, tennessee, south carolina, auburn, and probably make it over to alabama,” he said. "i am going to all of those next month.”

thompson says there are few factors he is looking for in a school before he decides.

“i am looking to leave school with a masters (degree)," he said. "i am looking for another family that will have my back and everything, a good coaching staff.”

Reactions: 3 people
Leaving with a master's degree would mean him red-shirting if he wants to play all 5 years right? He's too good to red-shirt...

Guys, I apologize that the quote I posted is confusing. The second quote is in reference to UGA. UGA is his #2 and FSU is #1. His mom likes FSU and UGA, just FSU more, apparently.

Not quite yet. We've got to convince her that we should be no. 1 on his list, and push FL State to no. 2.

Quick!...somebody introduce her to Sal...after he's hit Del Taco
Posted via VolNation Mobile

“Everything went great. I’m liking it a lot,” said Thompson, who’s ranked the No. 7 overall prospect and No. 1 defensive tackle in the 2015 class by 247Sports.

“I think they’re above Florida State right now. Georgia’s number one, and Tennessee’s number two right now.”

“When I had went to go chill with some recruits, they were like, ‘You’re going to love it up here.’ I was just loving it,”

“It was better than what I expected. The weight room, it was — ooh, it was nice — and where they eat after practice, they’ve got a whole thing set up where they eat — Gatorade everywhere. And all the coaching staff, I just liked it a lot.”

“I went in the stadium to start taking pictures,” Thompson said. “I took a picture with (jersey) number 78. That’s my number. I like that number a lot. I went in the stadium, and it’s so big.”

“They were like, ‘We need you up here,’” he said. “They’re losing, like, six defensive linemen. It’s only ’13, so I was like, ‘Dang. I would be starting in no time if I go there.’ (Jones) was just talking to me like, ‘We need you. We love your highlights.’

“And the D-line coach, he was like, ‘I watched your highlights. You stay low and you know how to get off the ball.’ ... If I go there, I’m going to play three-technique (defensive tackle).”

“Oh, I’m going back, for sure,” Thompson said. (In regards to wether or not he'll visit Tennessee again.

He sounds really high on the Vols right now. Looks like we made a good first impression!

Reactions: 8 people
#2 is not bad with it being so early. Don't like the (5) predictions already for uga with him being from ga. Did he grow up a dawg fan? These are the kind of kids we need to start landing. Hope we can get him.

VN Store

Back